Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who is ready for the top flight?

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Callum Booth plays for St Johnstone. The boy McCart that we put 7 past in 2 ICT games has been playing well for them. Chris Erskine finished in the top 6. The Premiership (outside the top 4 at the moment) is not blessed with top quality footballers. Without any recruitment, we'd survive. With decent recruitment, 7th-9th, with good recruitment, top 6.

People keep saying 'the current squad will go down' which I disagree with. but multiple other clubs in the league have just released 10-15 players. So what about their current squads? So many people panicking for no reason. Robbie said on Arabzone he has a few different budgets to work with. He wants defenders, wingers and another striker. If we recruit well, as I said above, we'll do just fine.
    Really alarmed that in the list of players RN says he wants, a midfielder didn't get a mention because that is one area that's a big big problem to solve. We need a player that can link defence and attack, calm on the ball and can pick a pass. We don't have one and we can't rely on Harkes McMullan or Pawlett to do that. Ironically Nicky Clark is the best player we have who could do that and he's a striker by trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Connolly was a standout and captain of Killie. He'll be fine..
    i cant remember him at all and he was hardly 'fine' in the championship, i've massive doubts on this

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's amazing how Watson has turned into a world beater. He was bang average and had a lot of poor games fr us.
    but he was consistently better than Reynolds and Connolly?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i cant remember him at all and he was hardly 'fine' in the championship, i've massive doubts on this
    He actually scored in their 2-0 win against us in October 2014. He dominated Fojut that night at set pieces if I remember right. Look I'm no saying the lads a world-beater. He is an average centre half. But I wish we had him from 2015 onwards as I dont think we've had too many centre halfs better than him since then. As I've said previously I'd like to see us sign 2 centre halfs but even if we do, injuries/suspensions happen and I'm not going to be devastated if he lines up for us at any point next season. All about opinions I suppose. I see very little difference between our 3 main centre halfs from last season. Others dont.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    'If we recruit well, as I said above, we'll do just fine.'

Hence my point of an overhaul...
    Agree we need an overhaul. Important we get Clark back to fitness and a Winger, creative mid and 2 centre backs are essential. I think if at the very least we can improve these areas. Then I think we can solidify our position in the prem next season. Hopefully top 6 finish.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    but he was consistently better than Reynolds and Connolly?
    For a spell during last season, yes. Over his entire time here? I don't think so...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345