+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Udinese offer Longstaff contract

Udinese offer Longstaff contract

£30,000 a week 5 year deal offered to young Matty, wonder how many others are sniffing round him. Says we'll only get £400,000 if he chooses to leave.

Wouldn't blame him at all for leaving given the shoddy way he's been treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wouldn't blame him at all for leaving given the shoddy way he's been treated.
    I know mate it's embarrassing really. Shows just how badly our club is ran under Ashley. To have a first team player on £850 a week and then to offer him £15,000 for a long term deal is appalling work. Udinese are a bang average Italian team and offer him Fu(king double.

Hes played 6 league games, so totally untested as far as im concerned - how much should he be offered?

Maybe £15k per week then reviewed every season , or having performance based / play so many matches increases to £20k, £30k, £50k?

Quote Originally Posted by finnaz View Post
    Hes played 6 league games, so totally untested as far as im concerned - how much should he be offered?

Maybe £15k per week then reviewed every season , or having performance based / play so many matches increases to £20k, £30k, £50k?
    What like they've reviewed the £850 he's on, have you not seen the lads raw potential to play at this level from them games? Because I have and if at his age he's showing he can handle the Prem he's worth more then £15k a week in my opinion.

No i wouldnt say i have seen anything to say he will definitely be a premier league player in 2-3 years time, maybe he will but would need more than 6 games to base an opinion . We have had plenty of potential young players in the last few years who sadly didnt play up to their supposed potential and ended up in the championship or worse eg chopra, adam armstrong , adam campbell etc from recent years

Its a shame that he has to leave but the offer is damn good. Not only the 30.000 week but couple million signing on fee as well. Ashley wont take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by finnaz View Post

I agree £15k sounds very fair for someone with very little premier league experience, maybe add an extension onto the contract offer if he plays 50 games then get a rise to 20k etc. I feel he is a much better player then his brother though.

He'll leave for that money I expect be a great experience for him as well getting a different leagues style of football.

I fully believe that Ashley and co have offered him much less than they would because they are expecting his love for the club to rule.

I hope we keep him and i'd offered more than £15K, although I wouldn't go as high as £30K I don't think but i suspect he'll be off.

THis should have been sorted long long ago though, shouldn't have got to this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    I agree £15k sounds very fair for someone with very little premier league experience, maybe add an extension onto the contract offer if he plays 50 games then get a rise to 20k etc. I feel he is a much better player then his brother though.
    £15k a week for 5 years in today's climate for an up and coming English talent is not a good offer hence why he turned it down and a team in the bottom half of Seria A have offered double.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)