+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A "Great Success" ?

A "Great Success" ?

Hancock was a busy boy today, answering (not really answering) in the Commons and at the Press Conference.
    In the early weeks of the outbreak we were shown daily slide of a graph of the global comparison of the UK and other countries over 40 mill because it showed "how well" we were dealing with the outbreak compared to other countries. The showing of that graph slide was suddenly dropped without explanation
    In the mass of statistics out today I thought I'd evva look at today's global figures. To remove the effect of different population sizes the figure shown is CV19 Deaths per 100,000 followed by number of deaths. The World Top Seven are.....

UK...............58.6.....39,369

Spain...........58.1......27,127

Italy.............55.2......35,475

France..........44.4......28,833

USA.............32.1.......105,045

Brazil............14.3.......29,937

Germany........10.3......8,563

We are presently the worst in the whole world in Deaths per 100,000.

Summat's not reyt.

(Source John Hopkins University Daily Update)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-06-2020 at 05:47 PM.

I fully expect the leader of the opposition to be on this and building his case and when the opportunity arises asking the PM in the HOC for an explanation .

It maybe a good idea that the PM comes prepared , answers honestly with evidence to back up his account .

I'll add nothing else at the moment but you can be pretty certain Mr Starmer will already know the answers to the questions he will be putting to the PM and they will be the facts .

That just proves that we've the fattest, unhealthiest and oldest population

Although I suspect Mexico, Brazil India the Us and some African countries will overtake us comfortably in the next few months.
    It's a marathon not a sprint.

Starmer's put the PM on notice to get a grip on the pandemic .

Note the last paragraph in the article .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-coronavirus

So much for social distancing.
    Tens of thousands take to the streets today.
    Makes Cheltenham look like a tea party.
    Dozens of scrotes surrounding police trying to goad them into a reaction.
    How many of them have kids at home refusing to send them to school because it's not safe but are prepared to travel into central London for a scrum.
    Bring on the second spike you half wits.

Berlin has an r rate of 1.85.
    Catching up now

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Berlin has an r rate of 1.85.
    Catching up now
    We will probably hit 40,000 plus today, worst in Europe by deaths per million or total deaths. Germany on 8500.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We will probably hit 40,000 plus today, worst in Europe by deaths per million or total deaths. Germany on 8500.
    You have to admit though SB 8,500 is getting close to 40,000

I'm fairly certain we are going to be hit with a second wave .

People have started to get complacent no doubt about it and the government have eased restrictions prematurely in my opinion , the infection rate is currently at 8k a day .

We now have a divided government as a consequence of the tory party electing a buffoon and an electorate who endorsed it .

Leadership doesn't change who you are it reveals who you are , don't we know it .

It's all about taking responsibility , these days that is an attitude that is something for other people to do for far too many people .

People are gathering on beaches in large numbers , hosting BBQ's and marching in central London in their thousands .

The government seem to have a problem with honesty , every target missed so they make one up that looks like they've hit it and have an arrogance about them that in times such as these is dangerous , almost every other country in the world seems to have done better and yet the PM says he's proud of the way it's been handed , taking away the death toll figures from the daily briefing for the major nations when we hit the top of it seems to have escaped him .

The rest of us who have adhered to every rule and listened to the advice and done their bit can only look on in bewilderment .

If this was WW2 , we'd have lost .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm fairly certain we are going to be hit with a second wave .

People have started to get complacent no doubt about it and the government have eased restrictions prematurely in my opinion , the infection rate is currently at 8k a day .

We now have a divided government as a consequence of the tory party electing a buffoon and an electorate who endorsed it .

Leadership doesn't change who you are it reveals who you are , don't we know it .

It's all about taking responsibility , these days that is an attitude that is something for other people to do for far too many people .

People are gathering on beaches in large numbers , hosting BBQ's and marching in central London in their thousands .

The government seem to have a problem with honesty , every target missed so they make one up that looks like they've hit it and have an arrogance about them that in times such as these is dangerous , almost every other country in the world seems to have done better and yet the PM says he's proud of the way it's been handed , taking away the death toll figures from the daily briefing for the major nations when we hit the top of it seems to have escaped him .

The rest of us who have adhered to every rule and listened to the advice and done their bit can only look on in bewilderment .

If this was WW2 , we'd have lost .
    Just stick to your daily routine and avoid doing things differently. That includes simple things like avoiding people you haven't seen on your train or bus whilst furlough has been on. Carrying hand sanitiser. Wearing a mask on the bus or train if it seems a bit more crowded than usual.

Avoid Chavs.

I think it's moved into a zone where it's every man for themselves mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast