+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "Great Success" ?

Not all bad news .......... for some !! ..... dear me .

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ompany-profits

Same old story rich get richer and another statistic is UK have had the largest number of deaths with this COVID-19 than all the 27 countries in the EU put together so much for success

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not all bad news .......... for some !! ..... dear me .

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ompany-profits
    A holding company taking out a "loan" on the money market to buy an individual business and then treat it as a "debt" in the holding company's accounts in order to reduce the holding company's tax bill. Then pay back the " loan" from the profits from buying cheap/ selling big and from the eventual sale of the individual part of the business.
    That reminds me of sumdi but can't think who it is.
    Just imagine if the holding company were New City Capital and the individual businesses were football clubs in Europe there would be uproar.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-06-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Clearly as the saying goes you can fool the people some of the time but not all of the time .

Tory lead over Labour was 24% as little as a month ago .

Now according to the same Poll its 2% .

Any government doing a reasonable job wouldn't suffer that kind of hit , not in a million years , totally unprecedented .

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectionM...27287452864513

I think they could have got away with it until the Dominic Cummings fiasco.
    His pathetic excuses cost them dear.
    I've heard better excuses from 15 year old school boys.
    Now the lockdown's gone to pot with parents not prepared to send their kids back to school.
    Everyone thinks we're over the worst but the race marches could have serious repercussions and nobody dare criticise
    Two weeks ago we weren't allowed to see more than one person in the park, now tens of thousands are gathering all over the country.
    I guess there'll be a significant rise in the R rate and lockdown to be re-introduced which won't go done well, and won't be as successful second time around.
    The World in general is sadly lacking in leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Clearly as the saying goes you can fool the people some of the time but not all of the time .

Tory lead over Labour was 24% as little as a month ago .

Now according to the same Poll its 2% .

Any government doing a reasonable job wouldn't suffer that kind of hit , not in a million years , totally unprecedented .

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElectionM...27287452864513

That's a significant fall. It begs the question- Do people actually know what they're voting for? I don't believe they do. Politics has been in a mess for a long time now and this once proud nation is fast becoming a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That's a significant fall. It begs the question- Do people actually know what they're voting for? I don't believe they do. Politics has been in a mess for a long time now and this once proud nation is fast becoming a joke.
    I think they knew full well what they were voting for last December Pass .

They knew what Johnson was but chose to vote for him anyway , the choices weren't great that were on offer in all fairness though .

The last time I saw such figures for a new government were in 1993 following Black Wednesday and the stock market collapse .

Major's government never recovered and they were absolutely routed at the 97 election by Blair .

You get the impression there will change in four years time , 14 years of Tory Governments and getting through the next four years is going to be a mammoth task .

Starmer is shifting the party towards the centre ground and the ground middle england like , the red wall will probably return when Johnson sells them down the river economically and brexit wise .

It's electable ground for Labour , I wouldn't exactly be doing cartwheels about it personally but it's better than what we have , which isn't exactly difficult to be .

Gin and Tonic but no cigar is how I'd place it personally .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12