+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southend United given suspended points deduction for late payment of wages

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We made a genuine mistake but boom they just couldn’t wait to hit us.
    Ours was a fundemental breach of playing conditions. Although see they fielded an ineligible player too.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Could be down to the perception of 'advantage gained' by fielding the ineligible player. Did we win the game Rawson played in potentially improving our chance of avoiding relegation?
    I read the ruling. It was a 19 year old youth team player making his debut and came on in the 80th minute. All irrelevant in itself. Southend won the game 2-1 getting the winner late in injury time. P

The mitigating circumstances it that he was a yts player registered to the club. Hed been out on work experience to Harlow then recalled. The work experience meant he was still registered to play in all formats for the club, except the FL. Southend knew that, did the paperwork online but forgot to post the letter (citing on that day it was the funeral of a former player). When they checked the FL sight the player had been granted a number.

All pretty weak I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    “The Shrimpers accepted all charges”

Maybe because it’s expensive fighting against them and perhaps a gamble to get an immediate punishment and not one that kicks in next season (if we have one)
    How would they fight it? They either did pay their players or they didn't. Similarly they either fielded an ineligible player or they didn't. No grey areas or wriggle room that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How would they fight it? They either did pay their players or they didn't. Similarly they either fielded an ineligible player or they didn't. No grey areas or wriggle room that I can see.
    And they admitted it anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12