+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubs are more than just people - Tony

Clubs are more than just people - Tony

While we're STILL waiting for a decision on the conclusion of the L1 season, Tony Steward hopes clubs will get help.. - External Link

“ After 12 years, we have got a nice culture and fanbase."

True, but now that fans have had the cold turkey of corona forced on them that fan base might be smaller.

There are true fans but there are some that just go out of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Plain clothes nuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    “ After 12 years, we have got a nice culture and fanbase."

True, but now that fans have had the cold turkey of corona forced on them that fan base might be smaller.

This maybe so. I've missed The Millers but what little interest I had in the Prem has well and truly died. Could have a knock on effect?

The blokes a good un and your lucky to have him .

I've no doubt the Millers as a club will get through it and sustain itself which given the present circumstances is about as good as you can hope for .

I've posted this for a reason because something very sinister is emerging over our neck of the woods with our ownership and many of us feel we are in the shyte and have genuine concerns over it's future .

Keep your club in local hands , all that glitters ain't gold .

He's not just a good 'un fella, he's a man of tremendous passion and integrity and he's made sure that all of his staff at the club are of the same ilk. If ever he gets bored, I have no doubt whatsoever that he'll hang around until he's made sure that we are in good hands for the future.
    The word Legend is bandied about too much, but this bloke is a real live one.
    Last edited by sota; 02-06-2020 at 11:44 PM.

He’s a great custodian to use his own words.

As for Barnsley, that initial question was never answered ‘why Barnsley”

Seemed an odd acquisition at the time considering there were (and are) other clubs up for grabs.

I still think it had something to do with property and where Oakwell is situated.

Through all of this pandemic I have not worried about us as a football club.
    Simply because we have TS in charge.
    How many supporters up and down the country can say that?
    Whatever league we are in it’s all good because TS will do the right thing for our long term sustainability.
    He is simply a legend.

I think gates will definitely be down when we’re allowed back, people will still be worried about covid.
    Hopefully they will return later on, probably when we’re in Championship play off 😉

I think whenever next season starts it will behind closed doors for a while at least.
    This will kill some clubs but hopefully not ours, football could be very different in the future at this level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast