+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Football -Transfer Rumours

O/T Football -Transfer Rumours

Anyone heard of any ?

No.

Unfortunately.

Need a start date, can see DFC and other championship clubs getting lost in this mess.

Boy in work mentioned Simon Murray returning.Hard to plan ahead at the moment tho.

Fed up of hearing about Hearts. Whichever division they are in the Championship sides need to get organised. Getting lost is a very polite way of describing the situation facing all clubs who are not in SPFL.
    Difficult to get any rumours about signings when club is unsure when season will start, totally agree we need to be thinking about players. Seems as though all we are doing is trying to keep bulk of squad. Hope we keep Nelson. Think he will come good with Hemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Fed up of hearing about Hearts. Whichever division they are in the Championship sides need to get organised. Getting lost is a very polite way of describing the situation facing all clubs who are not in SPFL.
    Difficult to get any rumours about signings when club is unsure when season will start, totally agree we need to be thinking about players. Seems as though all we are doing is trying to keep bulk of squad. Hope we keep Nelson. Think he will come good with Hemmings.
    Polite, you can knock that on the head.

Spain and Italy talking about letting fans back in.

I'm hoping that eventually sense comes to the fore but it is just hope.

If they are talking about letting fans back in June surely Sept start with fans is not beyond us.

DFC seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place, we have an insurance, we have a squad, ahh the kit washed and pressed, turf being seen to (If groundsman isn't on holibobs) but naebody is coming oot to play.😐

Simon Murray splits opinion, workhorse but do we need a workhorse in the system that Mcpake seems to favour now.

I'd not be unhappy at signing him but wouldn't be putting oot the bunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No.

Unfortunately.

Need a start date, can see DFC and other championship clubs getting lost in this mess.

We have 16 first team players in contract until next year.

When McPake came in he said he only wanted to supplement the squad with a few players each season as rebuilding every season is no good for continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Simon Murray splits opinion, workhorse but do we need a workhorse in the system that Mcpake seems to favour now.

I'd not be unhappy at signing him but wouldn't be putting oot the bunting.
    Players should be judged on ability.

We don’t need a workhorse.

He wouldn’t enhance our squad and is certainly not what we require for where we strive to be.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Boy in work mentioned Simon Murray returning.Hard to plan ahead at the moment tho.
    Shortly after the beginning of the lockdown I was speaking to Simon Murray outside Tesco. I asked him if he would be signing for us and he replied that he might be.
    He told me that he has been out injured for most the South African football season.
    Simon Murray might have difficulty getting a club as there will be hundreds of professional football players in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Shortly after the beginning of the lockdown I was speaking to Simon Murray outside Tesco. I asked him if he would be signing for us and he replied that he might be.
    If you live on Islay, Why would you have been in Dundee shortly after lockdown?

Not unless Simon broke lockdown rules and fancied a wee jaunt to Islay.

In the i like Nicola thread you pointed out that Ian Blackford travelled from London to Skye three days after lockdown breaking lockdown rules.

Surely you done the same?
    Last edited by thegen65; 03-06-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)