+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 tweets about EFL & NL

2 tweets about EFL & NL

The EFL Board will meet today to discuss changes to their regulations.

Clubs have submitted various alterations to first ‘draft framework’ which dictates what happens if a season is unfinished.

The EFL hopes to call a meeting on Monday to potentially approve the framework.

The National League believe it’s not ‘practical’ or ‘sustainable’ to start next season behind closed doors!

The League has told clubs that the start date of 8th August 2020 will ‘inevitably’ need to be ‘reviewed’ & ‘updated’.

Clubs have been asked to respond if they disagree.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Plus this one yesterday...

"he National League says the EFL ‘remain supportive of maintaining promotion & relegation’ this season.

The League says the decisions on deciding the season will be ‘referred to clubs in due course’.

No decision have yet been made on whether the playoffs will take place."

Starting the new season behind closed door would be a kick in the face of those in the play off places now if this season doesn't have at least play offs and promotion.

The EFL is meeting today and will be sending out to the clubs an outline of what they want to happen. The clubs will have 5 days to cast a vote one whether they agree with the proposals and a decision will be made Monday 8th June.

I find it fascinating that clubs couldn’t function behind closed doors. From an out going perspective they won’t be paying match day staff other than players etc...
    Many of the clubs in the NL average around 1000-1500. So the income can’t be massively significant even if they all had a couple of pints, bought a program and had a half time pie. Which many won’t.
    One way to generate income would be to televise home games as a club where fans can watch the match for a fee, and away fans can subscribe with funds going to the home club or could be split.
    In addition to this the NL could help by only having one fixture a week Instead of 10 games in the opening 4/5 weeks like last year. This way teams still get a home game every 2 weeks on average meaning when restrictions are lifted (October has been mentioned) teams would still have plenty of games to gain the revenue needed to run the club.

Why don't they grow some balls and make a decision, whatever gets sorted out some clubs won't aggree on

This is shocking, even with furlough Wycombe Wanders are losing £350.000 a month. That is just crazy for a L1 club!! I see they've told their staff to start looking for alternative work.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...e-vote-2871682

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    This is shocking, even with furlough Wycombe Wanders are losing £350.000 a month. That is just crazy for a L1 club!! I see they've told their staff to start looking for alternative work.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...e-vote-2871682
    The average attenance for the season so far at Wycombe is around 5.5k, so if they are using the furlough scheme to cover most wages they must have been making a decent loss before this sh*t storm hit.

Talking with a number of mates about the future of the game, I was amazed to find the majority have lost all patience with the football authorities and don't give a fig about finishing the season.
    For Notts, I long since accepted that they will have to start again with a clean sheet in September (?) and that is IF the second wave hasn't hit us by then.
    Compared with the rest of the s h i t going on in the world, football is meaningless.

I know this doesn't effect us but it seems like the FA are looking at revising the structure of lower league football could effect Ilkeston.

I understand that the FA has asked all Step 5 & 6 leagues to attend a meeting on June 19th.

I believe the aim of the online meeting is to discuss possible scenarios for the 2020/21 season.

(I'll bring you more details if/when I get them.)

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...90076091105280

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast