+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wembley recordings

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Have watched both games and though the final was good day out, I very quickly came to the conclusion that the team we have now is technically far superior to those in the two games mentioned.
    Wow, that says one heck of a lot about our current group of players. Some good work being done in the Academy, then ...

I think the difference v Cheltenham was we had 3 class players in Murphy, Westwood and Powell but this squad is better all round

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I think the difference v Cheltenham was we had 3 class players in Murphy, Westwood and Powell but this squad is better all round
    Yep, agree with that - plus Big Dave 😜

BTW, the semi-final 2nd leg at Southend was brilliant. The atmosphere that evening was electric. Southend moved their fans from their West/side stand to be next to the Crewe fans in the away end. Pretty much sang non-stop from warm-up to after-match celebrations in the ground with the players.

You see the difference between the two teams in particular at the back. With all due respect to Big Dave and to Dugdale and I suppose H Davis, the way the current lot can play out from the back is way beyond the aforementioned trio. The number of times in the play-off matches referred to above that those three merely launched the ball rather than take a second touch says it all really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12