+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- A serious question: is Trump a sociopath?

I don’t know the definition of a sociopath - it’s not part of my everyday vocabulary - but Trump is astonishingly thin skinned. He doesn’t appear to have any genuine self worth.

I’m not a psychiatrist so I’ve no idea whether he’s a sociopath or not. He’s clearly though, a despicable human who is totally unfit to be president of the US. The only people who can’t see this are those who agree with his views on race.

The biggest concern for us is why our ‘prime minister’ can’t bring himself to utter a word of condemnation against him.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    A month ago I would have agreed with you, Laxative, but I think events surrounding George's Floyd's death have redefined Trump.
    I think the George Floyd death and his utterly pathetic reaction to coronavirus may have redefined Trump. In fact, I can offer some evidence that the American electorate are finally seeing Trump for what he is from a usually reliable source, namely the bookmakers. For a long time, Trump has been odds on to gain a second term, but now Joe Biden is actually favourite the forthcoming election. Biden is a weak opponent who has done nothing at all to gain support, so the swing has to be down to an anti-Trump faction that is hopefully gaining momentum*.

* No Soccerman, don't wet your pants. I meant momentum not Momentum.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...on-2020/winner

This is one of the clearest articles I have found on how to diagnose a sociopath. To qualify, according to a top American psychologist, a person needs to schore high on at least 5 of these traits:-

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and abilities)
    Preoccupied with dreams of unlimited power, success, physical attractiveness, and love
    Holds the belief that they are of special or high status and can only be understood by similar people or should only associate with those people (or institutions)
    Has a need for excessive admiration
    Possesses a sense of entitlement and expects favorable treatment or compliance
    Exploits other people to achieve personal goals
    Lacks empathy regarding the needs and feelings of other people
    Is envious of other people or thinks other people envy them
    Has arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Sadly, I can see that Boris isn't far behind on this matrix.

This is one of the clearest articles I have found on how to diagnose a sociopath. To qualify, according to a top American psychologist, a person needs to schore high on at least 5 of these traits:-

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and abilities)
    Preoccupied with dreams of unlimited power, success, physical attractiveness, and love
    Holds the belief that they are of special or high status and can only be understood by similar people or should only associate with those people (or institutions)

I think we can close this thread then now. Question answered my fishy friend hope you are keeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think we can close this thread then now. Question answered my fishy friend hope you are keeping well.
    Don't worry there will be another one along shortly.

Schore? Favorable? Please use proper English like what I do!

... good description of Snobhead 1/Elite

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... good description of Snobhead 1/Elite
    If you like, though I think you have a lot less evidence! And Elite is not in a position of immense power, “The Leader of the Free World” or perhaps the fascist-leaning would-be-dictator of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m not a psychiatrist so I’ve no idea whether he’s a sociopath or not. He’s clearly though, a despicable human who is totally unfit to be president of the US. The only people who can’t see this are those who agree with his views on race.

The biggest concern for us is why our ‘prime minister’ can’t bring himself to utter a word of condemnation against him.
    Probably Dominic ordered him not to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast