+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season card refunds

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Don’t think anyone can complain if the ST goes up in price. It’s been kept at the same price for the last two seasons so no complaints from me. It’s almost nailed on it’s going to increase due to the lost revenue of late.

One thing I will want back though is a refund for the end of season dinner tickets, if it doesn’t go ahead due to social distancing.
    I already said I’d expect them to go up before this pandemic
    They might sell half season tickets next time depending when we’re allowed back

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I already said I’d expect them to go up before this pandemic
    They might sell half season tickets next time depending when we’re allowed back
    January is peak virus season so I doubt they will be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    January is peak virus season so I doubt they will be able to do that.
    It’ll be a late start so maybe February will be the half season and fans might be back then
    Or they could just do the full season ticket with us watching live on I follow until fans are allowed back

If the virus is still around in August when the new season should start. clubs can't afford to start again now with testing costs, empty stadium ect, so not sure how they will be able to afford it 3 month down the line

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If the virus is still around in August when the new season should start. clubs can't afford to start again now with testing costs, empty stadium ect, so not sure how they will be able to afford it 3 month down the line

They won’t be able to afford it in 3 months time.
    Estimate is we will have a £1M shortfall by the end of this year.
    TV money will help a little to offset any losses, nowhere near enough though.

TV money is considerably higher in Championship but we ain’t quite there yet, roll on Tuesday so we can celebrate!

We are in a position to be able not to be concerned about a refund, appreciate some won’t be.
    It’s next season that concerns me, EFL need the Premier League to chip in before clubs go bust not after they’ve gone out of business.

The Premier League have already stated that they'll be a reduction of 25% in solidarity payments for the EFL for next season. This is to make up the short fall in their own income if they have to pay Sky Tv a rebate. 4.5M for the Championship,

The money the PL hinted at giving the EFL was going to be a loan.....(thanks for F All), lots of teams said they wouldn't take it, including us.

After the fall out of the pandemic, there may be a lot of fans in no financial position to even think of season tickets, half season or full.

Life time / valid in perpetuity match ticket.
    Ticket valid for all league games, transferable.
    Could this be a one off way of raising ***** funds during these difficult times, limited numbers say only 100/200 and what price could such a ticket command?
    £5k, £7.5k, £10k each ?
    Would there be a demand?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast