+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season card refunds

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well he’s still not understanding how the “ignore” system works on this board.

Is there anywhere he can cut and paste it from to help his understanding?
    I get that, I just don't understand why you happen to be logged out constantly. Like literally every time I post. It's hilarious you keep up this pretence. I don't expect an answer, as you tend to ignore things when you know revealing the facts would embarrass you.

As Cam would say to some.
    Carry on this conversation in pm

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    As Cam would say to some.
    Carry on this conversation in pm
    Correct Crash.

I'd point out that I made a relevant post to the question at hand and Grist was the one that couldn't help but subtly drag it off topic. I'm not the thread hijacker here, just a wiling participant.

Me and my dad were chatting about this yesterday.
    With bury going out of the league we had 23 league
    home games.
    In hospitality, Divide the cost of the season ticket into the 23 games Inc vat it's £53 per game.
    9 of us share a table For the games we have missed were looking at just over £1900.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Me and my dad were chatting about this yesterday.
    With bury going out of the league we had 23 league
    home games.
    In hospitality, Divide the cost of the season ticket into the 23 games Inc vat it's £53 per game.
    9 of us share a table For the games we have missed were looking at just over £1900.
    "11.Season tickets are non refundable. The club will only consider refund requests under exceptional circumstances, in writing, with additional supporting evidence. These refunds are not guaranteed and are at the Club’s discretion."

This is the term that legally protects the club from refunds, but that is for season tickets. I don't know if commercial sales will be covered by the same contract so you may have more legal protection. They may also be more willing to refund commercial tickets even if they don't have to if they think it will retain your custom in future seasons.

I originally posted this thread really as a food for thought because it is an issue which will be for all clubs in some way.If next season's matches are played behind closed doors then I would be willing to carry on paying for a season card if I was able to watch on ifollow.However if the current season is curtailed then surely there should be recompense available for those who so wish for whatever reason.I realise that any reduced cashflow for our club doesn't help BUT it is ultimately a business and we are all paying customers.Tony Stewart (and I have a great deal of respect for him) has said before that it is a business and run as a business.Take the ground ownership as an example.It doesn't belong to the club but a separate company owned by Tony and his family.The club are charged rent.When the day comes when the rent charged surpasses the cost of the stadium (plus interest of course) the stadium will surely not revert to the ownership of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    "11.Season tickets are non refundable. The club will only consider refund requests under exceptional circumstances, in writing, with additional supporting evidence. These refunds are not guaranteed and are at the Club’s discretion."

This is the term that legally protects the club from refunds, but that is for season tickets. I don't know if commercial sales will be covered by the same contract so you may have more legal protection. They may also be more willing to refund commercial tickets even if they don't have to if they think it will retain your custom in future seasons.
    Mentioned on here at the time of lockdown. my dad was chatting with mark hitching and he was talking about the price increase on each hospitality ticket. Another £200 plus vat. I presume STD season tickets were due a increase also.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Mentioned on here at the time of lockdown. my dad was chatting with mark hitching and he was talking about the price increase on each hospitality ticket. Another £200 plus vat. I presume STD season tickets were due a increase also.
    Don’t think anyone can complain if the ST goes up in price. It’s been kept at the same price for the last two seasons so no complaints from me. It’s almost nailed on it’s going to increase due to the lost revenue of late.

One thing I will want back though is a refund for the end of season dinner tickets, if it doesn’t go ahead due to social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Don’t think anyone can complain if the ST goes up in price. It’s been kept at the same price for the last two seasons so no complaints from me. It’s almost nailed on it’s going to increase due to the lost revenue of late.

One thing I will want back though is a refund for the end of season dinner tickets, if it doesn’t go ahead due to social distancing.
    It’s a fine line Brin

For want of an easy maths example, if a £300 season ticket goes up to £350 then it appears a gain of £50

However if one fan stops going because of the rise then £300 is lost and that cancels out the gain from 6 of the higher season tickets.

Add to this lower attendance numbers and the concourse catering and other profits go down.

Employment will crash in or around the Rotherham area and football will be an expensive habit, plus should we go up (and traditionally struggle) then home fan numbers will dwindle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast