+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season card refunds

Season card refunds

What's your ideas regarding refunds on season cards?
    Some may be struggling financially because of furlough or redundancy so the first option should be a refund on remaining games.
    Another option is offsetting against next season's card.
    What about crediting an account at the Red & White shop so that way you get merchandise and the club benefits as well?

Honestly I don’t think there should be a refund if the season ends early. They are called season tickets as they are a ticket for the entire season. If season ends then that’s it. However if games are played behind closed doors then they will have to be some kind of compensation because there will be part of season people are prevented from going too.

Does that makes sense?

I have a season ticket btw
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 03-06-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno1 View Post
    What's your ideas regarding refunds on season cards?
    Some may be struggling financially because of furlough or redundancy so the first option should be a refund on remaining games.
    Another option is offsetting against next season's card.
    What about crediting an account at the Red & White shop so that way you get merchandise and the club benefits as well?
    The club legally has no obligation to refund.

Any fans in dire financial straits could contact the club explaining the circumstances and if the club saw fit they might consider a reimbursement, but I suspect not many will do this.

They may well offer 'something' to fans as a goodwill gesture under the circumstances, but I can't envisage them going out of their way to refund anyone in cash purely from the perspective that it will crush them financially.

It really only concerns those that actually have a season ticket

Though this thread will obviously have comments from those that rarely go to the NYS because they like to interfere

From a personal point of view I'm happy for the club to hold onto my "excess" payment but also understand that others may be in different circumstances and would be looking for other options

Of a bigger concern is how we (and others) will be able to budget for (and fund) next season as it will almost certainly start behind closed doors then with gradually increasing crowd numbers. Can see it will be Jan 2021 before grounds will be fully opened (hope I wrong but ....)

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    From a personal point of view I'm happy for the club to hold onto my "excess" payment but also understand that others may be in different circumstances and would be looking for other options

Of a bigger concern is how we (and others) will be able to budget for (and fund) next season as it will almost certainly start behind closed doors then with gradually increasing crowd numbers. Can see it will be Jan 2021 before grounds will be fully opened (hope I wrong but ....)
    I think January is a bit optimistic but I share that hope. Only way for club to carry on is by a huge increase in tv money or From ifollow. I hear a lot on here will complain that it’s not the same I’m not watching it on tv, yeah I know it’s not the same but are you seriously saying you won’t support the club and the team and watch it on a screen. I suspect many will complain but most of complainers will suck it up and watch it on screen anyway, while sighing “I wish I was there”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It really only concerns those that actually have a season ticket

Though this thread will obviously have comments from those that rarely go to the NYS because they like to interfere
    LOOL, you saw this one too! You don't half crack me up.

It's quite understandable for some folk to attempt to obtain any refund they can, because of current personal financial constraints.

Likewise, others also have the right to attempt obtaining a refund for games they are not permitted to see being played behind closed doors. On a personal note, I won't be asking for a refund for the handful of games l may not be able to attend.

Our Chairman/club, like others in a similar situation, have suffered a large loss of revenue during the banned lockdown of games. I would rather the club keep my revenue I gave to purchase my season ticket, in order for it to survive and continue to provide me with a club to follow and be proud of.

It is all about individual feelings and needs on this matter. I hope whichever way folk make their decisions, it all works out well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    LOOL, you saw this one too! You don't half crack me up.
    Ski-ing and Fishing next you'll be telling us you are part of the ASF

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Ski-ing and Fishing next you'll be telling us you are part of the ASF
    Well he’s still not understanding how the “ignore” system works on this board.

Is there anywhere he can cut and paste it from to help his understanding?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast