+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you missing football?

No lost all interest

No

I think it’s worth taking into account that unless there’s an international tournament football is usually done and dusted at this time of year.

If I’m missing anything it’s watching non league.

I miss the football itself but not as much as I thought I may. On the other hand I'm missing the social side a lot. Whatever happens I still won't be subscribing to Sky for my behind closed door football. Radio, tw@tter updates, freeview channels or dodgy links with a few cans only. If things stay the way they are attendance wise though I could see myself walking away from the game full stop. It's much easier to slip out of habits than regain them once they've been replaced by others.

Nope, nor me.

Looking forward to it but I've shed no tears.

Yes

I guess I'm missing sport in general not just football.
    Grand Prix and 'Track and Field Athletics'.
    The social side is the biggest loss though associated with the sports attended.
    If the same social distancing limit is still in place for next season the existing season ticket holders won't all be able to get in.
    We'll have to ban away support so we can utilise the Smethwick End.

The last few months have put football in perspective for me, not missed it and I hate watching us on TV so it's going to be difficult to get back into it if and when it does re-start.

Not missing it at the moment, probably because it’s Summer and I’m not much interested in international football. I’m missing Test Cricket and live music. Come September, though, I will probably miss the football, as I don’t think that there is a chance in Hell that we will be back at the Hawthorns by then. It will be the social part of the match day as much as anything else, the curry, beers and chat in the pub that I will miss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)