+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Match day 9th May?

Virtual Match day 9th May?

Does anyone know how much money was raised for our virtual match day experience. Have tried through Well Society and the club to find out how much was raised. But haven’t heard anything realise because of covid19 it maybe that amount is still unknown. But just in case I have missed a report or posting if any knows the amount I would be delighted if they could let me know. Thanks

Not seen anything about it or the results of prize draws etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Not seen anything about it or the results of prize draws etc.
    I know ... poor feedback (which is unusual these days from the media team). Asked the same question around 10 days ago and heard nothing back. They can't all be furloughed; we saw the new strip launch on MFC website, etc. I'd like to know what my 12 quid contributed to in the grand total. Come on someone - let us know !!

Despite several emails to the football club and the Well Society I haven’t heard anything from either of them regarding the Virtual Match day. I haven’t even received an acknowledgment of my email being received by either of them . At a time when the club and Well Society are looking for as much backing by the fans as possible I find their lack of response to my enquiry totally disappointing and unprofessional. I am now contemplating cancelling my Well Society membership and refraining from buying any further club merchandise. As obviously it no longer concerns them regarding fans interests or efforts to raise funds for the two charities. ������

Given the importance of the WS, cancelling because the club has - in the middle of the pandemic when the main response person is furloughed - made a rare misstep seems a bit of an overreaction

Given the importance of the WS, cancelling because the club has - in the middle of the pandemic when the main response person is furloughed - made a rare misstep seems a bit of an overreaction
    Handsome_Devil May seem an overreaction but common courtesy just to acknowledge my email by club or WS would have solved it. At a time
    the club are needing fans to purchase season tickets, new kits, refrain from taking rebates on last season’s tickets and join the WS a two or three line email isn’t asking much in my opinion.

Absolutely. But binning the WS seems to be rather cutting off your nose etc, it's hardly going to help matters.

The club have been - by and large - doing much better all across the board in recent years. They've clearly made a horlicks of this one. Maybe it was a complete flop and they're just sweeping it under the carpet but I agree it's not a good look.

Absolutely. But binning the WS seems to be rather cutting off your nose etc, it's hardly going to help matters.

The club have been - by and large - doing much better all across the board in recent years. They've clearly made a horlicks of this one. Maybe it was a complete flop and they're just sweeping it under the carpet but I agree it's not a good look.
    Totally agree. But if it was a total flop then let us know and we can up our efforts next time

I suspect admin employees have been furloughed and maybe the club office is being run by a skeleton staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    I suspect admin employees have been furloughed and maybe the club office is being run by a skeleton staff?
    The media team are clearly still at work (or are now back), a one-graf story on the website giving the total raised and prize money should not be beyond them.

Edit to add, when money was for charity and not just the club/Society, I would say it is even more important that there is transparency. They have made an error here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)