+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few observations

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I'm not so sure you do know what you said
    Sorry mate I don't know what you mean. Dane Murphy is American then the rest of the staff are from Barnsley.Robert Zuc financial and operations manager Barnsley born and bred all the office staff the ground staff the stadium manager ( who is Patrick Crynes brother) are all from Barnsley.[/QUOTE]

Will somebody else tell him?

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I never said covid was the reason to our being bottom of the league,I did refer to the recruitment on that.The covid issue is the lack of income stream through no crowds been allowed.
    So why should the club receive parachute payments when everyone else is in the same boat due to Covid - 19 ? .

Wouldn't the club be given an unfair advantage in league one next season ?

The club is going to be £7.4m down on income because they put together a squad who aren't up to championship standard , the second occasion in three seasons .

The effects of Covid - 19 are owned by everyone .

There were no parachute payments from the championship before the pandemic so why should they be now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Sorry mate I don't know what you mean. Dane Murphy is American then the rest of the staff are from Barnsley.Robert Zuc financial and operations manager Barnsley born and bred all the office staff the ground staff the stadium manager ( who is Patrick Crynes brother) are all from Barnsley.
    Will somebody else tell him?[/QUOTE]

The confusion and debate may arise from a distinction between those "running" the club and those who "work" at the club. Some people regard those who "run" the club as being the owners and those in executive roles who are not mainly from Barnsley whereas those who "work" at the club as staff at various levels are largely from the Barnsley area.

I hope this is helpful.

eg "The way Dog is running this club is a disgrace" as compared to "The Box Office staff who work at the club are very helpful"
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-06-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So why should the club receive parachute payments when everyone else is in the same boat due to Covid - 19 ? .

Wouldn't the club be given an unfair advantage in league one next season ?

The club is going to be £7.4m down on income because they put together a squad who aren't up to championship standard , the second occasion in three seasons .

The effects of Covid - 19 are owned by everyone .

There were no parachute payments from the championship before the pandemic so why should they be now ?
    Its not only about the Championship though its about a situation that footballs ever had to go through having in most cases almost all the revenue stopped due to the virus.I actually agreed about recruitment in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Will somebody else tell him?
    The confusion and debate may arise from a distinction between those "running" the club and those who "work" at the club. Some people regard those who "run" the club as being the owners and those in executive roles who are not mainly from Barnsley whereas those who "work" at the club as staff at various levels are largely from the Barnsley area.

I hope this is helpful.

eg "The way Dog is running this club is a disgrace" as compared to "The Box Office staff who work at the club are very helpful"[/QUOTE]

I made it clear when I said the day to day running of the club.

We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley [/quote]

I said the day to day running of the club [/quote]

Spot the difference bill

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley
    I said the day to day running of the club [/quote]

Spot the difference bill[/QUOTE]

I don't know mate I didn't know I was joining a quiz.All I've done is put a few comments down let people read them and try and add a bit of balance to the norm on here.

Post 15 makes it look as if I said, "Will somebody else tell him" which, for clarification, is not correct.

How did football survive after the 2 World wars without parachute payments?
    Perhaps a lot of clubs will go amateur. No bad thing.
    Maybe we'll be watching local lads running round Oakwell managed by the landlord of the Mount.
    Give football back to the people.
    I saw an ex pro at the weekend saying the government should step in.
    Can you imagine that?
    The country's on it's knees and bailing out a load of billionaire owners and millionaire footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Post 15 makes it look as if I said, "Will somebody else tell him" which, for clarification, is not correct.
    That anomoly has been going on for quite some time SB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast