+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few observations

A few observations

Afternoon all I've not posted for a few days but because of the change in weather I thought I'd have a nosey.
    A comment about the letter to the EFL its not a begging letter for BFC its a plea to help all relegated teams in all divisions who are going to suffer financially due to having no income streams due to covoid that seems fair enough to me and Im sure all the teams who are suffering income loses will be grateful the subject has been fetched up.
    When our owners took over they stressed running the club sustainably and like it or not they've kept to there word.Recruitment could have been different but all teams at the bottom can say that.
    Somebody mentioned if the club got parachute money they'd trouser it.Well that's a little bit daft because the money would go to wages ,transfers and the general running of the club that's what sustainability means recycling the income to keep the club running.
    I know some question the wealth of our owners well while doing a little research I came up with this.
    About 3 years ago our owners tried to buy Middlesborough they offered 50million pounds for 50% share of the club which Steve Gibson turned down because he didn't want to lose half his share.While not wanting to part with half his share he still did due diligence on the group and he confirmed they had "substancial financial muscle" I take that as meaning they're loaded.While turning there offer down he was interested in there concept and was in talks for them to make Boro a worldwide brand.
    It also mentioned the Media Capital Group are interested of following City Football Group in owning a club on each continent.I hope one or 2 find my comments interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Afternoon all I've not posted for a few days but because of the change in weather I thought I'd have a nosey.
    A comment about the letter to the EFL its not a begging letter for BFC its a plea to help all relegated teams in all divisions who are going to suffer financially due to having no income streams due to covoid that seems fair enough to me and Im sure all the teams who are suffering income loses will be grateful the subject has been fetched up.
    When our owners took over they stressed running the club sustainably and like it or not they've kept to there word.Recruitment could have been different but all teams at the bottom can say that.
    Somebody mentioned if the club got parachute money they'd trouser it.Well that's a little bit daft because the money would go to wages ,transfers and the general running of the club that's what sustainability means recycling the income to keep the club running.
    I know some question the wealth of our owners well while doing a little research I came up with this.
    About 3 years ago our owners tried to buy Middlesborough they offered 50million pounds for 50% share of the club which Steve Gibson turned down because he didn't want to lose half his share.While not wanting to part with half his share he still did due diligence on the group and he confirmed they had "substancial financial muscle" I take that as meaning they're loaded.While turning there offer down he was interested in there concept and was in talks for them to make Boro a worldwide brand.
    It also mentioned the Media Capital Group are interested of following City Football Group in owning a club on each continent.I hope one or 2 find my comments interesting to read.
    We aren't an estate agents property portfolio though. We're a professional club. Adding extra football clubs is all well and good if they're doing well. All our lot seem to be are Jack's of all trades.

I've said plenty of times for me it should be one club one owner but unfortunately its the way of the world. Check out Charltons potential buyers.The owners of our club have staff in place for the day to day running.I said last week if we were mid table some people wouldn't say a dicky bird.If they only owned Barnsley I can't see how that would change things.We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley and the belief would still be the same to make us sustainable which we have tried to do since the club was formed.

I've said plenty of times for me it should be one club one owner but unfortunately its the way of the world. Check out Charltons potential buyers.The owners of our club have staff in place for the day to day running.I said last week if we were mid table some people wouldn't say a dicky bird.If they only owned Barnsley I can't see how that would change things.We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley and the belief would still be the same to make us sustainable which we have tried to do since the club was formed.

Co-Chairman: Mr Chien Lee

Co-Chairman: Mr Paul Conway

Director: Ms Grace Hung

Director: Mr Neerav Parekh

Director: Mr James Cryne

Director: Mr Dickson Lee

Chief Executive Officer: Mr Dane Murphy

Finance & Operations Director: Mr Robert Zuk

Can't see 99% there bill

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

Can't see 99% there bill
    What's Mr Bean's title?

So how exactly has Covid-19 contributed to our position of rock bottom of the championship before the league was suspended in March Bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So how exactly has Covid-19 contributed to our position of rock bottom of the championship before the league was suspended in March Bill ?
    I never said covid was the reason to our being bottom of the league,I did refer to the recruitment on that.The covid issue is the lack of income stream through no crowds been allowed.

Can't see 99% there bill
    I said the day to day running of the club which is Dane,and the rest being from Barnsley.

I said the day to day running of the club which is Dane,and the rest being from Barnsley.
    We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley [/quote]

I'm not so sure you do know what you said

We'd still have the same staff running the club who are 99% from Barnsley
    I'm not so sure you do know what you said[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate I don't know what you mean. Dane Murphy is American then the rest of the staff are from Barnsley.Robert Zuc financial and operations manager Barnsley born and bred all the office staff the ground staff the stadium manager ( who is Patrick Crynes brother) are all from Barnsley.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast