+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual season tickets

Virtual season tickets

With sky announcing this virtual season ticket for teams on top of the Tim and Hun games, sorry I mean normal TV package, if I have a season ticket I should be able to watch all our home games.

I'm trying to figure out how this would be, as there will be the normal TV coverage I'm assuming all the virtual games would be just that with no commentary.

Also if a season ticket is required to gain access they surely they applies to every season ticket holder which means we will probably see a whole load of child season tickets being bought as why would people pay a full adult price when they could get the same access for kiddie prices granted they would accept not being able to go to games when it starts up again.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    With sky announcing this virtual season ticket for teams on top of the Tim and Hun games, sorry I mean normal TV package, if I have a season ticket I should be able to watch all our home games.

I'm trying to figure out how this would be, as there will be the normal TV coverage I'm assuming all the virtual games would be just that with no commentary.

Also if a season ticket is required to gain access they surely they applies to every season ticket holder which means we will probably see a whole load of child season tickets being bought as why would people pay a full adult price when they could get the same access for kiddie prices granted they would accept not being able to go to games when it starts up again.
    I think the commentary will be from our favourite Red TV duo. Unless the game is “picked” for national coverage, then it would be the sky commentators presumably.

Good point on the kids ST though. Any cash is cash I guess.

I'd guess that we should also be able to access away games as well

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'd guess that we should also be able to access away games as well
    Not for free. I would expect there would be a charge to watch away games. Your ST covers home games, nothing else. Maybe the charge for away games could be split between both clubs?

I would estimate I spend at least £100 on an away game when you include bus, tickets and refreshments (hic).

Sky though? I assume those of us sufficiently incorruptible to have kept these weasels from invading our dwellings with their manky output, will have to rely on some sort of Sky access code to view these matches? I may have to put the TV outside and look through the windie. My hand-washing régime will need to be concomitantly increased.

What impact will this have on the RedTv deal?

Won't it be on RedTV?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Won't it be on RedTV?
    If RedTv was still available at same price as this season fair enough but suspect there’ll be a wee hike if so.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Sky though? I assume those of us sufficiently incorruptible to have kept these weasels from invading our dwellings with their manky output, will have to rely on some sort of Sky access code to view these matches? I may have to put the TV outside and look through the windie. My hand-washing régime will need to be concomitantly increased.
    We won't need a sky subscription or box so assume it will just be via the website
    But nae doot when you sign up to it you will get called everyday to get you to subscribe to their sh!te

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Not for free. I would expect there would be a charge to watch away games. Your ST covers home games, nothing else. Maybe the charge for away games could be split between both clubs?

I would estimate I spend at least £100 on an away game when you include bus, tickets and refreshments (hic).
    I’m not convinced.
    A season ticket covers home games, but that’s more than it would normally be to watch a game on TV.
    I’d presume an agreement would be made to clubs to allow season ticket holders to access away games too, to show better value.
    Works both ways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast