+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squad update play-off training squad confirmed

Squad update play-off training squad confirmed

We would like to thank all outgoing players for their service to the club and wish them the best of luck for the future.

Released players

Ross Fitzsimons

Max Culverwell

Matt Tootle

Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain

Pierce Bird

Declan Dunn

Owen Betts

Tyreece Kennedy-Williams

Alex Howes

Nathan Tyson

Remaye Campbell

Loan players returning to parent clubs

Sam Graham

Joel Bagan

Sean Shields

Play-off training squad

Sam Slocombe

Joe McDonnell

Jake Kean

Tiernan Brooks

Damien McCrory

Ben Turner

Connell Rawlinson

Dion Kelly-Evans

Zoumana Bakayogo

Richard Brindley

Adam Long

Alex Lacey

Mitch Rose

Jim O’Brien

Michael Doyle

Regan Booty

Tom Crawford

Sam Osborne

Wes Thomas

Kristian Dennis

Enzio Boldewijn

Kyle Wootton

Scott Wilson

Cal Roberts

Interesting step. That looks a good core squad and keeps the costs down until the club know what's happening next year. Really hoping for play-offs now.

Absolutely spot on in my view. I’ve now passed on my recommendation to Aldershot regarding Bird as I know they are after a young CB, hope it gives the lad some options.

I’m sorry to have lost Bird. No complaints about the others based on what I know of them. Tootle, of course, did some great work for Notts in the past.

I’m liking the look of that retained list.

Birds release is of his own doing. Had his head turned and became unprofessional despite numerous warnings on his lack of effort in training and becoming out of shape. Sadly the warnings didn't hit home soon enough and its cost him. You can take the boy out of semi pro etc. A harsh lesson learnt.

Shame that Bird hasn't made it with us but I trust Ardley's judgement. I would try and get Bagan back on loan for next season though.

That 'Play-off training squad' looks really strong for this level. It's a pity we can't conclude the season, because even if games were played every other day that group of players should be more than up to the challenge.

Disappointed to see Pierce Bird released because I've never seen him have a poor game. I can't comment on his alleged lack of commitment, but I would predict that his future career will be played at this level or above.

The released list has not thrown up any surprises and almost wrote itself. Obviously special thanks go to Matt Tootle for his service to the club earlier on in his contract. He could make it back to the football league if he can get games at another club and has a good season next year.

The release of Bird will probably cause a few reactions but central defence is something Neal Ardley has sorted out and can be deemed a success of his tenure so far as it has been the strongest it's been for a number of seasons. When you are competing with the likes of Rawlinson, Lacey and Turner you've got to be good to push them out. Ironically we didn't have three good traditional solid central defenders to choose from when we were in League Two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast