+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Traitors

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Eh? I think you're misreading his article. He is supportive of our case
    That's how I read it

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Eh? I think you're misreading his article. He is supportive of our case
    Yes he was supportive. I think eric has just misread it. One team has suggested that Rotherham will have "got away with murder". Donny journalist says let that comment sink in.

Journalist is right. A lot of teams are slating us, making out as if we have done something wrong and we are the bad guys. Would we be lucky if we went up due to lockdown? Yes definitely, but would we have "got away with murder"? All we have done wrong is be in 2nd place 😂

No the Doncaster reporters excellent article quoted from this :

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.p...-2868588%3famp

Extract of comments made by Barry Fry :

How can it be right that Tranmere get relegated by something 0.05 of a point? How can it be right to promote Rotherham when they are just as likely to drop out of the play-off places as they are to go up automatically? Rotherham would be getting away with murder in those circumstances.”

Totally unacceptable behaviour from an official. It has incited abuse on Twitter from initially their (Peterborough) fans and recently from those of Tranmere.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 07-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Yes he was supportive. I think eric has just misread it. One team has suggested that Rotherham will have "got away with murder". Donny journalist says let that comment sink in.

Journalist is right. A lot of teams are slating us, making out as if we have done something wrong and we are the bad guys. Would we be lucky if we went up due to lockdown? Yes definitely, but would we have "got away with murder"? All we have done wrong is be in 2nd place 😂
    Exactly. So are pboro telling us that if they were In our position they would ask to be in an eight team play off. Not on your nellie they would. No one can say what could happen in the last 10 games we could win the league by 10 points and pboro could go down.

If I read it wrong lads, sorry for post i must admit didn't read the full article.

The journalist is defending us through gritted teeth.
    He probably doesn't like us and can't bring himself to mention us by name but he clearly knows what's right from wrong and has maintained a high degree of professionalism and morality
    Credit to him for that.

It's all turned into an embarrassing and undignified scramble to bring in non-existent rules to suit an individual club's situation. It's not safe to play, people are still dying.
    I said weeks ago, the season should be decided now on league current league position, or declared null and void.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234