+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I have to say the interview and especially Ardleys body language nearly made me fall asleep. If the play offs happen we wont win them. Is Mr Motivator still alive?
    No idea why you are so negative on our chances in any play offs. Its not based on our most recent form..... we are top on that score incl spanking Barrow. Its not based on our squad...... we have the best. Its not based on our experience..... we have the edge on that score.
    I have to assume its just the continuation of the doom and gloom mentality some have plagued this forum with wether we win or lose.
    For me, I think we will comfortably win any proposed play off format.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    No idea why you are so negative on our chances in any play offs. Its not based on our most recent form..... we are top on that score incl spanking Barrow. Its not based on our squad...... we have the best. Its not based on our experience..... we have the edge on that score.
    I have to assume its just the continuation of the doom and gloom mentality some have plagued this forum with wether we win or lose.
    All that he says is very measured, thought out and probably correct. It would just be nice to see him rubbing his hands with glee at the chance to get his side up and running again. All the other teams are in the same boat as far as match fitness etc and if anything we look to be in a better position than most. I don't want to watch a video that leaves me flat and hope he doesn't have that affect on his players. There is not the time left to be "slow and steady" it the season restarts, similarly there wasn't the time to be "slow and steady" when he arrived in the first place.

He looks fresher from the break, seems to have found some opportunity to spend with his family and I was hoping to see a bit more bounce in his step.

It's not as he and cox have not been working, he says they have looked a 150 players whilst making a list probably 2 lists of players ( for NL and L2) they would like to bring into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    All that he says is very measured, thought out and probably correct. It would just be nice to see him rubbing his hands with glee at the chance to get his side up and running again. All the other teams are in the same boat as far as match fitness etc and if anything we look to be in a better position than most. I don't want to watch a video that leaves me flat and hope he doesn't have that affect on his players. There is not the time left to be "slow and steady" it the season restarts, similarly there wasn't the time to be "slow and steady" when he arrived in the first place.

He looks fresher from the break, seems to have found some opportunity to spend with his family and I was hoping to see a bit more bounce in his step.
    I don't get this about his effect on the players. Not long ago people were posting that we would have won the league, best team in current form etc. He is the same manager now as he was then.

Have you watched the Zoom with Zoums on Facebook? We always say that there is clearly a good dressing room atmosphere.

I don't feel at all flat. I think our club is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    This is about Ardley and his ability to motivate the team. If there are no supporters in the stands it's going to be all down to him if heads drop going into the break or extra time.

I don't expect him to be hyper when we still aren't sure these games will go ahead, but the last two interviews are just typical of the man. Almost every interview he's ever done rivals McP's "Rochdale are 5 years ahead of us" for shattering any belief that this club might actually turn the corner one day.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't get this about his effect on the players. Not long ago people were posting that we would have won the league, best team in current form etc. He is the same manager now as he was then.
    He's also the same manager that took us down last season with barely a whimper. Although the interview wasn't the most riveting 19 minutes of my day, I think he talked a fair bit of sense without coming across as passionate and inspirational, but I think that's just his personality.

If the playoffs do take place, my hopes are pinned on the relative strength and depth of the squad rather than managerial inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He's also the same manager that took us down last season with barely a whimper. Although the interview wasn't the most riveting 19 minutes of my day, I think he talked a fair bit of sense without coming across as passionate and inspirational, but I think that's just his personality.

If the playoffs do take place, my hopes are pinned on the relative strength and depth of the squad rather than managerial inspiration.
    You really are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You really are boring.
    I think that offering an opinion on the interview might be a bit more interesting than telling someone that you think they are boring.

On a scale of 1-10, how interesting do you think your post was?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think that offering an opinion on the interview might be a bit more interesting than telling someone that you think they are boring.

On a scale of 1-10, how interesting do you think your post was?
    Probably very similar to about 99% of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Probably very similar to about 99% of your posts.
    In that case instead of whining like a child, treat us all to your really interesting thoughts on the interview.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast