+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Interview with Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, I should check my own site before posting. Bromley, who also have a plastic pitch, are 7th in the home table.

As we'll be BCD, you have to hope it was the pitch or the dressing room that was the key factor in us being much better at home and not the league's best support that gave us the edge. I suspect it was the latter though and that we will lose what would have been an obvious advantage in normal circumstances.

Assuming there is no 2nd wave after the massed BLM crowds, why not allow crowds back in? To an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I think you confuse doing an 'up' interview with being motivational.
    He's taken a husk of a club in the summer, signed a whole squad that is entirely better than the squad he inherited, organised and motivated them to within a whisker of promotion and a cup final .
    He along with Jason Turner held the club together over the summer. Everyone should look at the team sheet for our first friendly against Nuneaton , that was the entire squad on the ptch. Bird was the only centre back at the club, no-one was getting paid and we couldn't even muster a bus for the team to travel on.
    He was at the helm when we went down but he had a work to rule back four of Tootle, Duffy, Brisley, Jones who collectively didn't give a flying f@@k with Vaughan dragging his pension and no target man for Dennis and Hemmings to play off. Last year's team were a disgrace and they saw off Nolan, Kewell and some decent coaches.
    Ardley has turned us right around, got us playing decent football and managed to evolve the squad during the season rather than having his ducks lined up pre season as most clubs do.
    His biggest problem is he's unlucky. He copped for Alan Hardy when the cash ran out and he decided to flop his knob out completely ending any sense of professionalism from the top, copped for the most unbalanced squad I've ever seen and now Covid has robbed him of the chance of some personal success after working like a dog for twelve months.
    For me he's the most organised, methodical builder of a club we've had since Howard Wilkinson and if the Reedtz brothers stick with him I think he could get us to Div 1 over time.
    I certainly haven't been Ardley's biggest admirer but this post really made me sit up and see things from a different perspective. I've heard a rumor that Bolton may be interested in him. I hope he stays with us.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I certainly haven't been Ardley's biggest admirer but this post really made me sit up and see things from a different perspective. I've heard a rumor that Bolton may be interested in him. I hope he stays with us.

Optipez's post is the best I've read since the lockdown. My thoughts exactly.

And delighted and surprised to see Navy now views this season and his achievements from a different perspective. I'm sure he isn't alone, and many view it differently on reflection during the hiatus.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456