+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Just remember black lives matter.

Oh dear......

Oh! dear, also yellow and brown matter too ,and both are on top of the world ,so to speak! Wow, and this is dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I really don’t believe a lot of that 59 , there will be a reason black males get stopped more than whites if that’s true at all , I m betting if I dig a bit I can find statistics to the opposite of your post.

What I find amazing is that you and BT seem to think that it’s acceptable for firstly the BLM to protest , secondly to incite racism and commit violent acts whilst defacing our countries memorials , I’ve said before and I say again you and many more have given these people (I use people loosely) a platform to create chaos.

When all you can mentions is job applications and wage gaps.

These people stab and kill each other every week and you and BT never bat an eye to deaths murders drugs and every other gang related mischief you can think off , until this political group get involved that is.

Now your shaking your fists when the masses have created yet more racism.
    I would love you to find one single post in my entire history on Clarets Mad where I have incited racism or encouraged the desecration of our war memorials and national Cenotaph. Look, but you will not find.

I read this on Facebook this morning:
    Peter Watanabe
    7 June at 17:35
    Let's talk about Kalief Browder.
    On May 15, 2010, Kalief Browder was not yet 17 years old. He lived in the Bronx, near the zoo, with his adoptive mother.
    He was on his way home from a party with his friend when police stopped him. They were responding to a call that two black men had stolen a backpack containing among other things, an iPod touch, a camera, and $700. I want you to keep the value of this backpack in your mind throughout this story and weigh it against what happened to him.
    Kalief and his friend were searched, and the backpack was not found. Nevertheless he was arrested and taken to the police station. What he didn't know is that he wouldn't go home for three more years. He was charged with robbery, grand larceny, and assault. His bail was set at $3,000. His family borrowed the money from a neighbor and attempted to post bail, but were informed that because he was on probation for a prior incident, posting bail would not allow him to be released.
    Kalief was taken to Riker's Island to await trial.
    Kalief's trial date was pushed back repeatedly. From January 28th 2011, it was pushed back to June 23rd, to August 24th, to November 4th, to December 2nd, to January 3rd, to June 29th, to September 28th, and on and on. "the People not ready" came the refrain, over and over again.
    Over this time, prosecutors repeatedly offered Kalief plea bargains. Plea bargains are tools used by prosecutors to reduce their workload. If a defendant will only save the court's time and plead guilty, they would reduce the sentence. Kalief was offered three and a half years for his guilty plea. Later two and a half years. Kalief refused, insisting on a trial. He had done nothing wrong. Did his innocence mean nothing?
    On March 13th, TWO THOUSAND AND THIR****, Kalief appeared before a judge. The judge offered him another bargain. If he plead guilty, the sentence would be 16 months.
    By this time had now spent 1038 (34 months, 3 days) days imprisoned, innocent until proven guilty of the crime of stealing a backpack with a probable total value of less than $1000. He was being offered consideration for time served. He could go home that SAME DAY, if ONLY he would stand before God and the People and say "I did wrong"
    Kalief refused. "I did not do it. I'm all right...I want to go to trial."
    May 29th, 2013. Kalief's court case has now been moved THIRTY times. The man who had accused him of the theft had moved to Mexico. The District Attorney had no case, and motioned to drop all charges. “Without the Complainant, we are unable to meet our burden of proof at trial”, they said. Kalief was free. What had it cost him?
    It cost him three years and nine**** days of hell. Of being treated like a criminal Of living like an animal. Of being beat on by prison gangs and prison guards. He spent over two years total in solitary confinement. He tried to take his own life while in jail on multiple occasions.
    It cost him his 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th birthdays. It cost him Christmases. It cost him his high school graduation. It cost him all the things we hope our kids get to grow up with.
    After he was released, Kalief tried to pick up his life and move forward. He got his G.E.D. He enrolled in community college and finished his first semester with a GPA of 3.56. He started working to tutor math for G.E.D. prep. But he couldn't move past the trauma of his confinement. “Being home is way better than being in jail, but in my mind right now I feel like I’m still in jail, because I’m still feeling the side effects from what happened in there.” He tried to take his own life on more than one occasion. On June 6th, 2015, he succeeded. He was 22 years old.
    Kalief Browder's case spurred a series of pushes for justice reform in New York, and garnered national attention. His family eventually received a settlement from the City.
    But he never got to live his life. It was taken from him by a corrupt justice system.
    His life mattered.
    #BlackLivesMatter.
    You can learn more about Kalief's story from this New Yorker article written in 2014: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...before-the-law
    And from the Netflix documentary "Time: the Kalief Browder Story."
    You can learn more about plea bargains and the threat of inflated sentencing to punish people who opt to go to trial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_b78GSBUs
    #blackstories

This was Kalief Browder, a young man who could not cope with the "crime" of being born a black male in the US...

Attachment 16056

His story is above #154.

Here is some info on stop and search (latest data 2018/19)

White British 3 per 1000 stop and searched
    Black 38 per 1000
    Black African 24 per 1000
    Black Caribbean 31 per 1000

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....-search/latest.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Black 38 per 1000

How in anyone's world can that be right 59er?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How in anyone's world can that be right 59er?
    You tell me BT.

I missed off,

Black (other) 100 per 1000

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Black 38 per 1000

I have to agree there is a pattern forming there I wander why ?

I didn’t say that BT I know your patriotic over that , what I said was that you are giving these people a platform and they are receiving it gratefully.

Truthfully I’ve heard enough about this sh-t to last a lifetime, our country is on its backside after this.

We imo anyway live in a brilliant affluent country where there are plenty of successful white black asian Chinese you name it there here and we still manage find negative comments and drag the slave trade up from years ago, you continue and persist BLM and I still Insist all Lives matter not just black lives.

And Still none of you comment on all the other black lives that are taken by blacks ( I’ve said this before as well don’t they matter , no one mentions them or seems to think they’re relevant.

I’m a little shocked at the amount of black racist people out there , that has come as a shock to me.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)