Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 175

Thread: Just remember black lives matter.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,140
    Disgraceful BT that , even if he was racist and your conservative Quip.

    What does that have to do with today when the world is so less racist than then.

    You my friend along with others are fuelling a problem that really isnít there, yet you have made it a much bigger problem than it ever would have been.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,059
    .

    all part of the reset - the Convid construction to collapse the economy - force folk into....and adapt them to lockdown conditions, now there's the weakening of society - feeding discontent - growing division and creating civil unrest (war?/global?) - then for the rebuild, divide and conquer...credits for cash, one world government, vaccination/tracking/microchips etc...and on into an AI future....but this, is just the beginning, hold onto your hats folks !



    ..






  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Disgraceful BT that , even if he was racist and your conservative Quip.

    What does that have to do with today when the world is so less racist than then.

    You my friend along with others are fuelling a problem that really isn’t there, yet you have made it a much bigger problem than it ever would have been.
    I read this on Facebook, it looks like racism in this country is very much alive and kicking to me...

    Katie Lynch
    4 June at 09:55
    I hear some of you say this is America's fight not ours. I beg to differ, we struggle with racism in the UK too, structural racism is ingrained in our society and we have become so used to it we don't even recognise it is there, we've just accepted it as the way things are. But do you know who is aware of it every single day, our black brothers and sisters.
    My husband is not a fan of social media so I don't mention him much in my posts to respect his wishes but I asked for his permission to share a bit of his story with you to open your eyes up to some of what really goes on here in the UK.
    Leon is a barrister by day. His journey to the bar was a long and gruelling one. It took him 12 years to finally become a tenant at his chambers. He studied law at uni where he was told he was not good enough to be a barrister. He left and worked for a year round the clock to raise enough money to pay for his law school. You may or may not know that at the Bar it's a very privileged white middle class profession. After he qualified as a barrister he worked for 5 years doing low paid legal jobs to gain experience to get a foot in the door. He was rejected from many jobs and pupillage opportunities and watched as white counterparts with less experience and skill were offered those very same jobs. But he didn't give up. Eventually he was finally offered a pupillage (an essential training process which you have to have in order to become a barrister) and worked around the clock to prove himself more than capable. People often assume that he is the defendant (despite being in a suit) purely because he is a young black man and this mistake is even made by counsel. He has had to defend clients who are on charged with racial aggravated assault offences and does so with grace, humility and integrity. Regardless of the offence, he does his best to represent all his clients to the best of his ability.
    He is 31 and has been stopped and searched 7 times and unlawfully arrested once. On all these occasions there were no real grounds for stopping him and his arrest was degrading. On the day on his arrest, it was valentine's Day 2014. He was on his way to see me, in his bag he had a personalized plaque made for me for valentine's day with a hammer and nails to put it up for me. He was stopped by the police on the grounds that they believed he had a firearm, it was raining and cold, they twisted his arms and put him in handcuffs and pushed his face into a park railings. For 30 mins he stood there whilst an armed officer pointed a gun at him. He nose was running because of the cold and despite his requests, they wouldn't even let him wipe the snot running down his face. The all happened near to his home and his neighbours watched and walked past. He was utterly humiliated. On arrest they searched him and didn't find a firearm but did find the hammer so they changed the reason for his arrest to suspected robbery as he 'fitted a description'?! He explained the hammer was to put up a plaque for his fiance which was also in the bag, they found it but still wouldn't let him go. Thankfully his mum and brother passed by in the car and saw the commotion. His mum jumped out to find out what was going on. He went to the police station. Eventually he was released. With no apology.
    Every single time he has been stopped and searched (sometimes in his suit and tie on his way to work) he has been singled out and people walk pass him believing he is a criminal. Can you imagine the embarrassment? One time during a stop and search the police officers allowed their dog to put his dirty paws all over his suit and he arrived at work late with dog paw marks on him.
    These are just a few examples of some of the injustices he has faced. And he is just one black man, who works to fight for justice, one man who has such a heart for compassion, one man who works harder than anyone I've ever known to provide for us as a family, one man who loves the Lord, one man seeking to break the stereotypes, one man seeking to inspire other young people to believe they can be more than what the world says they can be. He has never taken drugs, he has never hurt anyone, he has never stolen, the list goes one. He is just one black man.
    *A few people have asked if they can share this. My husband has given permission to raise awareness so please feel free to share it if you want to.*
    #BlackLivesMatter

    This is the husband in question...

    Name:  Hubby.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  40.3 KB

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,565
    Yes, a fellow human being as far as I am concerned, however, I am unable to make other people think that same way that I do --some do and some don't. That's life and is nothing new, however, the behaviour of quite a few of those demonstrating does absolutely nothing to help the cause, in fact, as army says, a lot of what they do does more harm than good.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Yes, a fellow human being as far as I am concerned, however, I am unable to make other people think that same way that I do --some do and some don't. That's life and is nothing new, however, the behaviour of quite a few of those demonstrating does absolutely nothing to help the cause, in fact, as army says, a lot of what they do does more harm than good.
    It's outrageous behaviour Supersub6, no excuses, no hiding from it. If the Home Secretary had a spine she would wipe this lot off the streets.

    We need peaceful protests because the rioting is getting in front of the issue most of us are distressed about, and that is rampant racism.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's outrageous behaviour Supersub6, no excuses, no hiding from it. If the Home Secretary had a spine she would wipe this lot off the streets.

    We need peaceful protests because the rioting is getting in front of the issue most of us are distressed about, and that is rampant racism.
    You know as well as I do, BT, that any peaceful protest will be latched onto by others who have no intention of protesting peacefully and things descend into mayhem. This then means that the police have to go in to sort it out and get accused of police brutality and racism. If the Home Secretary decrees whatever and increases the police presence and/or penalties she will then be accused of making us into a police state ----you know how it works.

  7. #57
    I watched a live news feed from the US, the violence the police were using was excruciating and then a young black woman came hurtling out of a Foot Locker store with half a dozen boxes of Nike trainers, she stuffed them into a rather nice looking motor and calmly drove off.

    I still have no idea what to make of that Supersub6. At present, everywhere I look it's a sh-it fest and I've decided to start playing golf again and leave all this sh-it behind!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You know as well as I do, BT, that any peaceful protest will be latched onto by others who have no intention of protesting peacefully and things descend into mayhem. This then means that the police have to go in to sort it out and get accused of police brutality and racism. If the Home Secretary decrees whatever and increases the police presence and/or penalties she will then be accused of making us into a police state ----you know how it works.
    I thought the Tory Party were/are supposed to be the "Law and Order Party?" I saw rather distressing footage of a police officer (female as it happened) knocked off her horse after the animal was spooked by an explosion and it ran into a traffic light post. I believe the officer is not badly hurt and the animal is fine too.

    I have met David Blunkett on a couple of occasions and believe me this would not be happening under his watch when he was our Home Secretary. God only knows what Maggie would have done? I hope sinkov comes along soon to tell us.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought the Tory Party were/are supposed to be the "Law and Order Party?" I saw rather distressing footage of a police officer (female as it happened) knocked off her horse after the animal was spooked by an explosion and it ran into a traffic light post. I believe the officer is not badly hurt and the animal is fine too.

    I have met David Blunkett on a couple of occasions and believe me this would not be happening under his watch when he was our Home Secretary. God only knows what Maggie would have done? I hope sinkov comes along soon to tell us.
    It appears that the female police officer suffered a broken collar bone, broken ribs and a collapsed lung and that her horse was either spooked by an explosion or hit by a missile.

    Cressida Dick made the following comment:- "Officers displayed extreme patience and professionalism throughout a long and difficult day, and I thank them for that."

    Yet the BBC report stated:- "But Asia Ahmed, an activist who attended several of the protests, said "these situations don't come from nowhere".

    She told the BBC she had seen the police "acting very aggressively" towards protesters."

    So there you have it in a nutshell ----in order for the police to sort things out they need to put an arm round the shoulder and politely ask those demonstrating to disperse ---not forgetting to say "Please"

    It all reminds me of our instructions for challenging people in Ulster where you had to challenge three times before you could even think of using force ---unless you could be sure that you life was threatened. We all know from currrent cases being pursued against veterans that even this course of events can come back to bite you.

    The whole thing is a mess, however, as a society in which many people show no respect and have no intention of acting within the Law, we have become burdened with lots of human rights activists, do-gooders etc. that we will never be free of this sort of protest etc. Something which we will have to get used to ----under whichever government is in power.
    I really do wonder just who is manipulating all this throughout the world.

  10. #60
    It really is a mess and until we sort out institutional racism it will continue I am sorry to say Supersub6. We all have a moral imperative to stop seeing "difference" and "others" as dangerous. Jesus Christ we are living in 2020.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •