+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: O/T:- Mr George Floyd RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m sorry you feel like that, but that post is patronising nonsense. I asked you to post your facts, and tell me your conclusion, but some reason you didn't want to, and then you accuse me of not being interested in facts. I’ve made it clear through all of this exchange that I’m no expert and don’t feel qualified to answer many of the questions the subject poses.

You asked me what I thought the government should do next, I give you a straightforward answer that a right wing Tory MP agrees with, but apparently all I have is ‘identity based ideas’. You appear to think it’s unreasonable that I hold actual black people’s experiences as strong evidence on the subject of black people and the justice system.

All very strange. I can only assume you feel silly basing your opinions of a large people-led movement on one article by a person whose qualifications appear non existent. How many of your ‘facts’ did he use? Farage isn’t getting much attention currently, maybe you could ask him what he thinks about it all as well?
    I didn't mean to be patronising but I stand by what I said and I don't think it's nonsense.

You asked me to post stats as a way of avoiding my question after I had asked you to quantify your perception of the situation. I was right not to bother as you've just admitted that you would've discounted the stats regardless of what they showed.

I didn't base my opinion on the article I posted. I posted my opinion beforehand, and then posted the article a couple of days later as I thought it interesting and relevant. And yes it did contain some facts. Facts that you didn't want to discuss as you didn't approve of the author's job.

We couldn't discuss the points raised in the article because of the writer's job.

We couldn't discuss the general topic due to our skin colour.

You approved of Lammy's recommendations but couldn't really tell me why.

You've admitted you take more notice of group identity than of actual data.

I don't feel silly at all.

Terry Connor here talking about racism in football. He can get f00ked unless he comes up with some evidence.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-terry-connor

I’d rather find out what Big Ron Atkinson thinks about it.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 16-06-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Terry Connor here talking about racism in football. He can get f00ked unless he comes up with some evidence.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-terry-connor

I’d rather find out what Big Ron Atkinson thinks about it.
    He doesn't have to get ****ed, but his views are anecdotal. Keith Curle has said the exact opposite of this today, and his views are also anecdotal. That's why most articles about black managers quote data such as %of black players against %of black managers.

Again it just seem like you're impulsively posting stuff based around people and their right (as you see it) to comment, rather than facts and data.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He doesn't have to get ****ed, but his views are anecdotal. Keith Curle has said the exact opposite of this today, and his views are also anecdotal. That's why most articles about black managers quote data such as %of black players against %of black managers.

Again it just seem like you're impulsively posting stuff based around people and their right (as you see it) to comment, rather than facts and data.
    ‘but he has much greater concerns about the hidden racism, that he feels points to a much deeper problem’.

And if that was reflected in his experience with the police/justice system, how would that be reflected in the ‘facts and data’? Surveys I suppose. Oh, it is.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...the-u-s/?amp=1

I’ve already impulsively posted one more piece of evidence than either you or your guy from Civitas. By its very nature, much of this is subjective and anecdotal, and different people will have different experiences. I’m not sure why you’re refusing to listen, but we’re talking two different languages on this subject.

we’re talking two different languages on this subject.
    Agreed.

I’ve got a tenner on Black Lives Matter to score the first goal in the Man City game.

(Little joke nicked from Gary Lineker for Driller there)

... whilst we can afford not to lose our sense of humour, do you really want this ...

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

... similar, in some ways to the muslim 'community' ...

"Mothers, parents, and children" ?" Sounds suspiciously like the beginnings of a nuclear family .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

... funny that ... note the omission of feckless fathers. 'Parents' nicely excuses that little issue ... (or perhaps 'issue' is the wrong word!)

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728