+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford

Brentford

Brentford are moving into a state of the art 17,500 new stadium. Cambridge and Brentford have been similar clubs for so long, not now. I am jealous of their progress.

I have been re-living Uniteds promotion to the football league in 69-70, on the Cambridge fans united website, they do a fantastic job. We gained promotion by getting more votes than Barrow Newport Hartlepool and Bradford Park Avenue.

Such memories.

We are still in the Barrow, Newport, Hartlepool etc bracket, nothing has changed.

Unlike Brentford. Every time a United team take to the pitch, the oppositions extra man is our board of directors. No, don't let me be so damning, we are a football league club, progress made in 1969 maintained.

Just.

Ezekial of Sleaford street. United 4 Barnet 3 1969, best game of all time. Easy. Not like today, the greyness of football is a poison. Id rather knit.

I've had a look at the 70/71 season when Utd was in the league and that season Notts went up as champoins,next season you will still be playing Barrow and Newport but Notts will be playing Hartlepool in the league below so alls not so bad after all Frank,it's just how you view things

It is really. Psychological assesments of former concentration camp survivors showed that they gained from the experience. Amazing! I always have an assumption, wrongly of course, that in any sphere of life, things get better. Having thought about that for a second, it must be true.

Otherwise we would still be hunter gatherers, and sleeping under trees.

United are in fact worse off. Going up in 69, we had money and our own ground.

Not any longer.

I remember the United Notts Co game in 1970, you had Hateley up front and Don Masson playing. United were struggling badly, and hit by injuries. We had Robin Hardy playing with a hamstring injury, you wont get that today. You went one up early, but somehow, United won 2-1 in front of a heaving Abbey.

Hardy scored. There was a little bit of god in that.

p.s Its some camp survivors.

I think that Wisbech had a lucky escape with the season finishing early as it didn't look good for them this year and thought that they would be relegated

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)