+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Positive

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    If JKA ain’t ready after a 3 month layoff.........????
    He wasn't good enough when he arrived, he hasn't been good enough whilst on 'furlough" or whatever, he won't be good enough as long as he has a hole in his ar5e.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Positive, negative.....thing is, does it really matter. And yes, genuine question, because........

For years we have dreamed of getting back where we deserve to be (and let's face it, most neutral observers have said as much), to play against top flight teams, not just here in the UK but internationally if we are good enough. We are well placed, although obviously not a done deal yet, so perhaps as Spaldy says, it is "our year", and so we succeed, we gain promotion after over a decade outside the top flight.......and then.......watching on TV as the price of tickets in a stadium that can no longer hold 44,000, but more like 20,000 make attandance at ER beyond the means of most. Unable, for the same reason, to travel to away games, as the same forces of economics will apply. Even if, through some earth-shattering gesture of benevolence, all the PL halved their prices, the crowds CANNOT be what they were, nor can the allocations for away games, which will impact Leeds supporters more than most. The days of hearing the roof raised (either being there, or at worst listening to the roar from afar on TV or radio) simply can't be the same.

A pyrrhic victory, coming too late to allow those who have yearned for promotion for so many years, and who, like me, probably don't have enough years left, to see us return to something like "normality" (if that is ever the case).

And its not just football, no more Last Night of the Proms, no more "Power in the Park", etc. the world seems bent on living "at a distance", for no good reason other than "an expert" told us to.

Mmmm,

Positive,negative,sweet or sour posts but I'll give an honest one regardless to consider in this moment of time of lock down & Brexit looming ............. I've read many reports to translate recently of football supporter concerns from British/European fans and the knock on effect of businesses surrounding clubs stadia due to lock down and Brexit let alone clubs perilous finances etc ...... coupled that with Sophie Jordan (beIN Media Group) on the legal warpath launching a legal procedure for more than $1bn (€862m) in damages against Saudi Arabia,all kinds of elements are now being taken into account to estimate the amount of business losses through the non airing of football matches - Yep the same Paris based Ms Jordan seen at ER negotiating on behalf of the PSG owner.

Now evolving Brexit politics are having an effect and restricting the Leeds United owners strategic long term plan of finance,scouting policies and recruitment for sure.

Brexit-fatigue or Brexit-anxiety has engulfed businesses across the UK. Often folks consider football to be immune from the common problems which face many in the UK. However there is growing evidence of serious concern among football clubs regarding the immigration status of current and future migrant footballers looming.

The UK Government has published a skills-based immigration White Paper setting out proposed new post-Brexit immigration rules which could have an impact on many professional football clubs in the UK. There are plans to phase in the new immigration system from 2021. It is proposed that to employ footballers from within the EU from the likes of France, Italy, Spain or Germany post Brexit could be subject to the same immigration restrictions as employing footballers from outside the EU in operation now.

It is perhaps worth considering that 'currently' professional football clubs wishing to employ footballers from outside the EU need to evidence and demonstrate that the player is ................... "Internationally recognised at the highest level" & "The player’s employment will make a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level in the UK".

Basically it'll mean any foreign player must be playing regularly at capped International level to play in the UK which would,IMO,not create a level playing League due to only the top clubs creaming off the 'very best' players.As current laws permit each Premier League team to have 17 foreign players in their squads and the FA have now floated the idea of reducing that number to 12 post-Brexit (as many European players would no longer meet current work permit requirements).Surprisingly the PL big clubs are against the FA's proposal at this moment in time regardless of any possible British born player opportunities that could fill the squad voids and maybe even help UK's England,Scotland,Wales and N.Ireland teams future prospects.

Food for thought 'eh as are we a Burnley,Bournemouth,Southampton or a possible Liverpool,City,Chelsea etc in the making if we go up ?

Maybe Ms Jordan knows the answers from her HQ in Paris district of La Défense and if so I'm still happy to translate if it's her target to move into ER and still give the fans a voice.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Mmmm,

Positive,negative,sweet or sour posts but I'll give an honest one regardless to consider in this moment of time of lock down & Brexit looming ............. I've read many reports to translate recently of football supporter concerns from British/European fans and the knock on effect of businesses surrounding clubs stadia due to lock down and Brexit let alone clubs perilous finances etc ...... coupled that with Sophie Jordan (beIN Media Group) on the legal warpath launching a legal procedure for more than $1bn (€862m) in damages against Saudi Arabia,all kinds of elements are now being taken into account to estimate the amount of business losses through the non airing of football matches - Yep the same Paris based Ms Jordan seen at ER negotiating on behalf of the PSG owner.

Now evolving Brexit politics are having an effect and restricting the Leeds United owners strategic long term plan of finance,scouting policies and recruitment for sure.

Brexit-fatigue or Brexit-anxiety has engulfed businesses across the UK. Often folks consider football to be immune from the common problems which face many in the UK. However there is growing evidence of serious concern among football clubs regarding the immigration status of current and future migrant footballers looming.

The UK Government has published a skills-based immigration White Paper setting out proposed new post-Brexit immigration rules which could have an impact on many professional football clubs in the UK. There are plans to phase in the new immigration system from 2021. It is proposed that to employ footballers from within the EU from the likes of France, Italy, Spain or Germany post Brexit could be subject to the same immigration restrictions as employing footballers from outside the EU in operation now.

It is perhaps worth considering that 'currently' professional football clubs wishing to employ footballers from outside the EU need to evidence and demonstrate that the player is ................... "Internationally recognised at the highest level" & "The player’s employment will make a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level in the UK".

Basically it'll mean any foreign player must be playing regularly at capped International level to play in the UK which would,IMO,not create a level playing League due to only the top clubs creaming off the 'very best' players.As current laws permit each Premier League team to have 17 foreign players in their squads and the FA have now floated the idea of reducing that number to 12 post-Brexit (as many European players would no longer meet current work permit requirements).Surprisingly the PL big clubs are against the FA's proposal at this moment in time regardless of any possible British born player opportunities that could fill the squad voids and maybe even help UK's England,Scotland,Wales and N.Ireland teams future prospects.

Food for thought 'eh as are we a Burnley,Bournemouth,Southampton or a possible Liverpool,City,Chelsea etc in the making if we go up ?

Maybe Ms Jordan knows the answers from her HQ in Paris district of La Défense and if so I'm still happy to translate if it's her target to move into ER and still give the fans a voice.

MOT
    WTF?

F00k what it means for players, and their contracts, its the f000king FANS I am talking about, and the next to impossibility for those "normal" people to follow their club that this f00king ludicrous, stupid, INSANE policy dictates, THATS the relevance of the post. f00k all to do with what the overpaid prima donnas have to "worry" about". I wonder sometimes what planet you inhabit.

Mmmm,

MOT
    Andj ust what the f00k has Boris playing goalie got to do with anything?

Relevance, please try and stay with it. Will we go up, under what conditions, and what are the implicatiions for fans, not your elevated personal connections, your Russian associates, THE F00KING FANS THAT MAKE LEEDS UNITED POSSIBLE, THATS who will make or break this club, now and in the future, no matter where they hail from.

Mmmm,

MOT
    Forgive me, I mean no disrespect when i say this, but with the length of your posts i lose sight of what you are going on about sometimes,.

WTF11

Relevance ?

Fans pay don't they.
    Some fans cannot pay usually because of economic reason.
    I represent all types of fans of age,origin,disability and of lower financial resource.
    I cannot represent fans who choose to sit and watch games illegally or buy fake merchandise or counter-fit tickets or who organise violence obviously.

Not sure what category you claim to be amongst nowadays - so I'll settle that your a historically a Leeds United fan that nowadays cannot attend matches but may be able to attend matches in the future if the circumstances enable you to.

I and others are determined to try and provide you with that option which the club would also like to provide via offering financial viable options but sadly budget won't allow presently unless/until generous owners can do so.

Stewards,Policing,Security etc for games all cost money so do Staff wages before the infrastructure of Players,Management,Clerical and ER utility costs even start.

Rad does listen to the local community and Leeds City Council and local Businesses but his pockets are empty and his strategy is not being helped by present UK Government policies and I suspect that would also be the case for you and not just regarding your football team.

Of course interested parties in the club have sounded out Leeds Utd organisations fans groups as they have done with Leeds City Council - the concern from both is will the fans and city have a voice IF a big Corp gets the club because if not then where are we going as the Pound v other currencies will play a big part in the clubs financial future and Defo with regard to quality of staffing at ALL levels hence my Brexit (Dec31st 2020) reference.

That's my opinion unless you know better with your contacts ?

To summarise ..........take a look at the Newcastle United situation now and digest Mike Ashley's situation and formulate an opinion with the economics of this country and the Newcastle region and then add Brexit (Dec 31st 2020) into the mix and you'll get the current mess.

Since recent Brexit negotiations and lock down I've handled several hundred business requests from Uk requiring assistance with regard to expanding operations into Europe & Russia,several from West Yorkshire,which I'm happy to assist into helping secure UK jobs.

You stated publicly that you wished that you'd stayed in Holland whilst in employment over there ....................... I stated (like many others) that I am a 'migrant worker' and also stated Boris Johnsons stance (white paper) on what'll he'll do with that situation.

I openly honestly stated my options that working in the UK for me would be impossible and that would limit time to watch Leeds Utd due to red tape and costs and that working in Europe,Russia and Scandinavia provided better opportunities as a migrant worker as such.

I'm not falling out - just expressing a formulated opinion via my experiences which include why I personally left the UK to try and better myself and family and voted with my feet.

Hope your daughter is well and safe as a Paramedic by the way and I'm sure Boris will financially reward her and her hard working colleagues many of which will be migrant workers that he's in goal to keep out.

ALAW - MOT & Stay safe !

Without sounding patronising Mrs o, what is your actual job, because you seem to be in many places, France, Russia, Elland Road, and you seem to have a lot of Elland Road inside knowledge?

WTF11

Relevance ?

Fans pay don't they.
    Some fans cannot pay usually because of economic reason.
    I represent all types of fans of age,origin,disability and of lower financial resource.
    I cannot represent fans who choose to sit and watch games illegally or buy fake merchandise or counter-fit tickets or who organise violence obviously.

Not sure what category you claim to be amongst nowadays - so I'll settle that your a historically a Leeds United fan that nowadays cannot attend matches but may be able to attend matches in the future if the circumstances enable you to.

I and others are determined to try and provide you with that option which the club would also like to provide via offering financial viable options but sadly budget won't allow presently unless/until generous owners can do so.

Stewards,Policing,Security etc for games all cost money so do Staff wages before the infrastructure of Players,Management,Clerical and ER utility costs even start.

Rad does listen to the local community and Leeds City Council and local Businesses but his pockets are empty and his strategy is not being helped by present UK Government policies and I suspect that would also be the case for you and not just regarding your football team.

Of course interested parties in the club have sounded out Leeds Utd organisations fans groups as they have done with Leeds City Council - the concern from both is will the fans and city have a voice IF a big Corp gets the club because if not then where are we going as the Pound v other currencies will play a big part in the clubs financial future and Defo with regard to quality of staffing at ALL levels hence my Brexit (Dec31st 2020) reference.

That's my opinion unless you know better with your contacts ?

To summarise ..........take a look at the Newcastle United situation now and digest Mike Ashley's situation and formulate an opinion with the economics of this country and the Newcastle region and then add Brexit (Dec 31st 2020) into the mix and you'll get the current mess.

Since recent Brexit negotiations and lock down I've handled several hundred business requests from Uk requiring assistance with regard to expanding operations into Europe & Russia,several from West Yorkshire,which I'm happy to assist into helping secure UK jobs.

You stated publicly that you wished that you'd stayed in Holland whilst in employment over there ....................... I stated (like many others) that I am a 'migrant worker' and also stated Boris Johnsons stance (white paper) on what'll he'll do with that situation.

I openly honestly stated my options that working in the UK for me would be impossible and that would limit time to watch Leeds Utd due to red tape and costs and that working in Europe,Russia and Scandinavia provided better opportunities as a migrant worker as such.

I'm not falling out - just expressing a formulated opinion via my experiences which include why I personally left the UK to try and better myself and family and voted with my feet.

Hope your daughter is well and safe as a Paramedic by the way and I'm sure Boris will financially reward her and her hard working colleagues many of which will be migrant workers that he's in goal to keep out.

ALAW - MOT & Stay safe !
    And what has any of that got to do with your post #32, which focussed on what players we might or might not have, and why (Immigration amongst other things)?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Without sounding patronising Mrs o, what is your actual job, because you seem to be in many places, France, Russia, Elland Road, and you seem to have a lot of Elland Road inside knowledge?
    Your gonna need another 3 months lockdown time to read the reply

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And what has any of that got to do with your post #32, which focussed on what players we might or might not have, and why (Immigration amongst other things)?
    I think what Mrs O is saying is, (and I think it's in reply broadly to your 'pyrrhic victory' post), that, notwithstanding the difficulties CV19 is posing to British clubs, things were already in a mess due to Brexit, in terms of player status, club finances, media tie-ins etc, and because of that, if we do go up, opportunities for the club to become more community orientated are likely to be very limited if there is an ambition to 'dine at the top table' i.e. challenge the big six. Unless on the other hand we are bought by some huge (aka rich) corporation or benefactor, and thus have access to much larger funds than otherwise - but this also comes with it's own risks e.g. the relationship faceless corporation owned clubs have with their fans.

So in other words, it's not going to be a land of milk and honey in the PL.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)