+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive

Positive

Someone at the club just been tested positive, that's not good, club not confirmed who though.

Its good to have a positive thread for a change.

Are you positive ?

I'm not sure if i'm reading the situation right, but if clubs do end up defaulting and the season is terminated, all the talk in the last few weeks has been of the points method being used, and promotion and relegation having to happen. I know this isn't where we are just because of these positive tests, but the number of these positives happening across English football seems very high and out of line with the national picture of steep decline and low transmission. That could lead to the curtailment if it continues, surely?

Seems every day things change and pundits, media, ex players all have their say without even knowing what's going on, I don't think it's a guarantee it will resume on the 20th, its all in the lap of the Chinese disease, the government and the morons who seem hell bent on defying social distancing and pushing the infection rate back up as they're obviously immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Are you positive ?
    Positive we are going up. Just hope it's proven on the field and not some formula

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Positive we are going up. Just hope it's proven on the field and not some formula
    Latest I hear is that if the season cannot be completed in ANY of the top two leagues - us and the Prem, then there may well be no promotion or relegation.. It has yet to be voted on next week..

Right from the start there's always been that nagging bit in the background that it would all go tits up for us, it's never been rock solid that if the season wasn't finished we'd go up, the premiership will lose ranks and protect its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Latest I hear is that if the season cannot be completed in ANY of the top two leagues - us and the Prem, then there may well be no promotion or relegation.. It has yet to be voted on next week..
    THAT is a real concern.

Is it a clubs vote or do the EFL/FA vote???

Either way..we could be well and truly fecked!

Shirley not......

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Yep and from reports yesterday it seems that position is getting more entrenched - the PL can't agree and so are restarting without having a plan in place.

Interesting how the lowest clubs are the ones blocking the points per game thing - i realise there are reasons why it could be seen as not 100 percent fair, though. Football doesn't follow exact patterns. Teams win against odds (Wigan last season arghh).

My optimism that we had a safety net has been dented again.

And then yesterday reports that the LMA are getting involved because of all the complaints they've had against the EFL for mismanagement of this whole situation - in particular the date of restart, but many other issues too.

Let's just hope the season gets played and we win the first four games 5-0. Think that should put it all to bed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)