+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 years too late

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I often wonder, well not that often, if he would have moved if another club had come in for him.
    As far as I recall/know no club ever did which is why he stayed so long.
    His lack of pace and tackling ability stops him short from being a great but his vision and passing was excellent. He also tended to drop his head when things weren't going right.
    Most managers over the time selected him reguarly so he must've done more right than wrong.
    I know that you're not one his die hard fans. So well done for a balanced post.

For me he wasn't the greatest Albion player. However for commitment, personal example, modesty, and occasional brilliance he will go down as a club legend.
    He's shown incredible professionalism over the years sometimes in the face of the vilest abuse and constantly risen above it.

He obviously wants to carry on playing. Otherwise why would our club let him go? The experience, arm round the shoulder type (which I'm sure he would be) would be invaluable for our younger players
    Last edited by Albionmad; 05-06-2020 at 12:54 PM.

For me he was a wand of a left peg and has been a key member of our most successful side in the last 30 years. His deliveries have led to ***** goals that have kept us in the premiership.

His detractors seem to point at why no other club has come in for him, but I just don't get that logic. It doesn't matter if any other team comes in for him or not, it matters more about what happens on the pitch.

The below says it all, bearing in mind he missed a couple of seasons with injury/relegation and had Pulis & Pardew as a manager for 3 of those years. We'll miss him..

Most assists in the Premiership, 2010-19 calendar years
    1. David Silva - 89
    2. Christian Erikson - 62
    3. Kevin De Bruyne - 58
    4. Cesc Fabregas - 55
    5. Wayne Rooney - 54
    6. Eden Hazard - 54
    7. Mesut Ozil - 53
    8. James Milner - 52
    9. Juan Mata - 50
    10. Chris Brunt - 47

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    For me he was a wand of a left peg and has been a key member of our most successful side in the last 30 years. His deliveries have led to ***** goals that have kept us in the premiership.

His detractors seem to point at why no other club has come in for him, but I just don't get that logic. It doesn't matter if any other team comes in for him or not, it matters more about what happens on the pitch.

The below says it all, bearing in mind he missed a couple of seasons with injury/relegation and had Pulis & Pardew as a manager for 3 of those years. We'll miss him..

Most assists in the Premiership, 2010-19 calendar years
    1. David Silva - 89
    2. Christian Erikson - 62
    3. Kevin De Bruyne - 58
    4. Cesc Fabregas - 55
    5. Wayne Rooney - 54
    6. Eden Hazard - 54
    7. Mesut Ozil - 53
    8. James Milner - 52
    9. Juan Mata - 50
    10. Chris Brunt - 47
    I can't remember which one exactly but in one of the later years he oustriped Ronaldo, Messi and Hazard for assists from set pieces, I think the idiot viaduct should jump of move to an aquaduct and drown his feckin self.

Just my opinion

Wasn’t very long ago that many on here were slating Brunt every time he got picked and being very critical of his performances after games

Just saying 😏

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)