+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clickbait

Clickbait

Came across this on Twitter earlier. I know its the Sun but just look how the press attitude towards a Saudi owned club has changed since the attention turned to NUFC. All the the things they say could stop a deal for us, 2 years ago when it was Man Utd, there was nothing anyone would be able to do about it.
    So dont believe anything you read in papers. Nobody knows anything apart from PIF, Staveley, Ruebens, Jabba and the PL.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...mpression=true

Then when its NUFC we get this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...op-newcastles/

Once the takeover is finalised ban the lot of them.

If one persons phone calls can stop a takeover. . . then no club can ever be taken over again as there will always be someone willing to phone up and say you can't let this happen.

I'm not saying what happened to her fiance wasn't terrible.

On a positive note, I saw Keith Downie was saying that he spoke to a take-over expert and he'd said that there is always a period when all noise on the takeover goes quiet and then boom it happens, so he wouldn't be worried about the silence.

Like I have said a few times on here, our fans say a takeover will just happen and nobody will know about it(impossible in this day and age). Now we are in the middle/end of being taken over they are all up in arms because they are not hearing anything about it.
    Strange behaviour. Would any of us really want to hear about it from the liars we have become familiar with these last couple of months in the press, because that's who would be telling you things as those involved can't.
    I can wait as long as it takes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)