+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus Kits could we pay for them?

Coronavirus Kits could we pay for them?

According to media reports the coronavirus kits required by clubs before they can let players resume training are to cost £35,000 outright or £5,000 a week to rent. My question is could we the fans help, if the club are to offer season ticket holders a refund on our tickets for the 2019/2020 season even if only £10 refund times roughly 3000 season ticket holders would certainly go to some way to paying for kits etc. Would like to know what the other people on here think.

I suspect that the cost of testing would be in the minds of clubs as they agreed to the start of August return so this will not be a surprise. No doubt there will be a substantial delay between ordering the kit and delivery. It may be that some sharing/renting between clubs is possible.

I saw a report last week that Ross County & Celtic ordered theirs. Maybe some of the Well Society's earning from the Virtual Match Day could start the ball rolling?

No reason why the Society or club couldn't organise a fund raiser. Most season ticket holders have no intention of asking for a refund for last season, but if someone genuinely needs one then fair enough.

Uncle Roy has bankrolled Ross County's purchase so no cost to them.

I'm listening to today's Sportsound Podcast in which Michael O'Neill is describing the testing at Stoke.

This is not a simple process!

I've nothing against fundraising and regularly chip in but really, 35k for a top-flight club should be well possible without any special measures. There will be less income this season for sure but STs have matched the level expected (or better), the TV money (increased at that from last season) is guaranteed, contracts have expired allowing wage budgets to be adjusted...given we are moving health-wise in the right direction, we should now just get on with it.

If the health situation goes completely wrong again and the TV money is threatened, the season possibly not completed etc then the club may well be looking for substantial money urgently from the fans/Society to survive - fine. But we have a limited fanbase who we keep going back to, the club should be giving folk a break.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I suspect that the cost of testing would be in the minds of clubs as they agreed to the start of August return so this will not be a surprise. No doubt there will be a substantial delay between ordering the kit and delivery. It may be that some sharing/renting between clubs is possible.

I saw a report last week that Ross County & Celtic ordered theirs. Maybe some of the Well Society's earning from the Virtual Match Day could start the ball rolling?
    Does anyone know how much was raised from the V M D ? Not heard a dickie on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Does anyone know how much was raised from the V M D ? Not heard a dickie on that.
    sieb1886 regarding the above I have sent emails to the club and the Well Society. If I hear anything back I will post the details here

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)