+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds promoted

Leeds promoted

Finally done it.
    Will they stay up?
    I’ve got friends celebrating that don’t even go to games but are Leeds fans
    What a great photo this is
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banner...28263/1500x500

Congratulations to Leeds, the biggest club in Yorkshire !
    Good to see two Yorkshire teams in the Premiership.

A great achievement for a fanatical City of supporters, I'm pleased for them. As for the photo MT, I have somewhere in my home, the majority of those players signatures on a double sided page out my old school exercise book. I cannot for the life of me remember where I put it.

Shame wor Jackie, Norman and Trevor didn't see this momentous occasion for Leeds United before their recent passing. I think they'll hold their own but, they could do a Norwich. I dare say Belisa will be asking for a big recruitment chest and will probably get it. They'll average 40,000+ for home games. I read not long ago where they had applied to Leeds city council to extend Elland Road to 55,000. You'll bet they get it now they're back in the Premiership.

They've made the most of the lock down games whilst others have stuttered and faltered so no one can deny them promotion except perhaps Darrah and Barry who I'm sure have tried

The BBC breakfast programme is turning into the Leeds United show this morning so turned it off. Completely unnecessary to give it that amount of coverage

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They've made the most of the lock down games whilst others have stuttered and faltered so no one can deny them promotion except perhaps Darrah and Barry who I'm sure have tried

The BBC breakfast programme is turning into the Leeds United show this morning so turned it off. Completely unnecessary to give it that amount of coverage
    FB, 16 years out of the Premiership, there are bound to big it up on local BBC channels. It's only what Manchester would have done for City or United had they achieved the same thing. Just hope they do they same for us when we hit the Prem........now where's my tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    FB, 16 years out of the Premiership, there are bound to big it up on local BBC channels. It's only what Manchester would have done for City or United had they achieved the same thing. Just hope they do they same for us when we hit the Prem........now where's my tablets?
    Yes you can expect that.

All about their former glory years and how good they were, how they got into financial difficulties and their rise back to the Prem.

Yet no reporter so far has asked why the club became known as " dirty Leeds"

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes you can expect that.

All about their former glory years and how good they were, how they got into financial difficulties and their rise back to the Prem.

Yet no reporter so far has asked why the club became known as " dirty Leeds"
    Think we all know that one...bite yer legs Norman for a starter.

I watched the BBC news for about an hour which was national and not local news and they had four separate articles.
    Anyone would think they had won the Champions league.
    It's taken them 16 years to get themselves out of the doldrums and I'd say it was relief more than success and I turned it off as it was so over the top
    God help us on Look North next week

What a fantastic season. Millers and the Whites both up. C’mon Barnsley keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    What a fantastic season. Millers and the Whites both up. C’mon Barnsley keep fighting.
    Pete, no shout out for the Pigs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast