+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millers contract round-up

Millers contract round-up

Assuming that we are promoted on Tuesday then I think we are in a good position for a return to the Chumpship. With key men tied down to contracts and a good case to be made for the return of Barlaser and Iversen, Warney has some room for manoeuvre in bringing in fresh blood to strengthen the squad.
    It's going to be very interesting to see who's available in the next transfer window, with some likely bargains available. The question is, will the board go for a short-term fix or take a longer view to achieving more than a one-year residency in the Chumpship?

I honestly think that the team was a work in progress this season and the best is yet to come. Elevation to the championship may interrupt the progress for a while. However, there is a lot of talent within the team, particularly if Barlaser and Iversen are retained. Perhaps a back three could be used with the abundance of midfield talent in the squad. I would also like to see them go for Smallwood again as he brings some steel to the midfield. Hope Tuesday is a good day.

I didn't realise that Jamie Proctor has another year with us

Personally I’d look for another keeper

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Personally I’d look for another keeper
    Agree with that, we look fragile

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    I honestly think that the team was a work in progress this season and the best is yet to come. Elevation to the championship may interrupt the progress for a while. However, there is a lot of talent within the team, particularly if Barlaser and Iversen are retained. Perhaps a back three could be used with the abundance of midfield talent in the squad. I would also like to see them go for Smallwood again as he brings some steel to the midfield. Hope Tuesday is a good day.
    Smallwood may be a good shout.
    I have a feeling Dan Barlaser will go back to Newcastle and not come back to us at the start of next season.

The loan system will come under pressure next season (if we have one)

Lower league clubs will want to trim squad numbers and if they let players go on loan they will be expecting the receiving club to pay 100% of the wages.

There will be a glut of released players so signing permanently might be a better option (if club financially stable) and contract lengths should be shorter.

I really do think we will have a very good chance of keeping Dan Barlaser.NUFC will want to give him more experience at a higher level and if we are promoted tomorrow, I think he will want to come back here, where he thoroughly enjoyed playing with this squad.We are much much better than last time when went up to the Championship.Looking forward to it .

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I really do think we will have a very good chance of keeping Dan Barlaser.NUFC will want to give him more experience at a higher level and if we are promoted tomorrow, I think he will want to come back here, where he thoroughly enjoyed playing with this squad.We are much much better than last time when went up to the Championship.Looking forward to it .
    I hope you're right Bill.
    Barlaser is just the type of player we need in the Championship.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/06/new...-dan-barlaser/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast