+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Protest

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    There is scum in this world just like those you mention in Rotherham. But there is scum in you GLM for using a racial term you have there. Hang your head in shame, but then maybe not.. because you and those scum in Rotherham share something in common.. that is being scum.

Mods - if this poster above is not banned, then expect the last of this site. I’ll make my complaint to Footymad officials and even go as far as reporting this to the police for the racial slur made above. You need to do your part here if you truly have decency.
    I don’t want to fall out with you, fella, but I think that is a bit over the top. I would have no qualms about saying something that was offensive to those who abused those poor girls but I would definitely not say the same thing to normal, decent people of the same ethnic background. People who treat others with respect deserve respect in return but those abusers deserve no respect whatsoever. I don’t think that I would use that particular term but I’m sure I would say something offensive to such people.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I don’t want to fall out with you, fella, but I think that is a bit over the top. I would have no qualms about saying something that was offensive to those who abused those poor girls but I would definitely not say the same thing to normal, decent people of the same ethnic background. People who treat others with respect deserve respect in return but those abusers deserve no respect whatsoever. I don’t think that I would use that particular term but I’m sure I would say something offensive to such people.
    I think we both are clear on the crime these scum have committed, i’m no way defending them, never. Give me a baseball bat any day and i’d see that these scum what they deserve. I think we both perhaps feel the same in that regard.
    However what I am picking is the fact a racial slur had to be used, call them whatever you want.. but to use a racial slur is not acceptable because as much as it may insult those who have committed such a crime others not involved are insulted.

I don’t know how or why this Rotherham incident has been dragged into this topic, but clearly GLM has a racist gene in him.

As for the Rotherham crime, i’m in agreement with the majority here about how that was handled poorly by the police for fear of being racist. I’m in agreement with you all in that, who wouldn’t be?

GLM using racial slurs is not acceptable. Maybe it was him who tweeted wba complaining about BLM and he wouldn’t renew his season ticket. This is the disease that needs to be got rid. Those who cannot see the broader picture of racism need not be anywhere near a keyboard.
    If a black guy commits a crime, murder, theft, rape, child abuse.. you don’t have a license to go call them the n word do you?

I wonder what GLM will say next, oh the paki word is used between asians all the time. What’s the problem eh?

Whilst in Australia I got called “Brit” and “Pommie”.

Is that racist on their behalf.......if it was I wasn’t personally offended.

I referred to them as “Aussies” and didn’t seem to cause offence.

Our friend Tomas ( SwedishBaggie ) is no doubt called a “Swede” and I’ll eat my own eyeball if he gets offended at that.

This is a genuine question......

Why is it okay to refer to many nationalities by abbreviated terms but not just a select few?

If never given it too much thought until reading this.

Does anyone else find this a bit of an anomaly?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Our friend Tomas ( SwedishBaggie ) is no doubt called a “Swede” and I’ll eat my own eyeball if he gets offended at that.

Why is it okay to refer to many nationalities by abbreviated terms but not just a select few?

Seriously guys, have you not ever known the P word to a very offensive racial swear word? It is derived or shortened from Pakistani..I see what you mean there.. but it has always been racist because it’s always used as a slur to all south asian. Go to handsworth and start calling people it if you don’t believe me. It’s not as you think is similar to calling someone a pommie. I’m actually very shocked that i’m having to explain this to you.

The P word is like the N word. ask around. Google it if you have to.

Many Ethnic MPS have commented that the government does not get the protests and have condemned the response of the demonstrations by Priti Patel. Priti Patel responded ‘ I will not be silenced and nobody understands racism like me for being called a Paki on numerous occasions in the playground and it was even suggested I drop my surname to that of my husbands to further my career’

Good on you Priti Patel - you have condemned the protests only because of the pandemic - you have condemned the scumbags who have defiled statues and effectively condemned those individuals for jumping on the band wagon. You also know what it feels like to be on the end of disgusting racist abuse! To be honest - I have been really impressed with Patel and Rishi and they they will go far! Patel comes across everything that Boris doesn’t - strong - professional - and a leader! Good for her as she seems to have a bit of Thatcher in her.

Seems like many want the scouts statue now to be pulled down - getting to be a joke and many liberals will actually divide the races soon. History is history, and whilst certain statues may need to be reviewed, the whole thing is getting to be a joke. We can’t change the past but make the future better with promising individuals like Patel and Rishi!

The pyramids were built by slaves who were beaten and whipped. Should these magnificent wonders of the world also be pulled down? Probably not as it does not suit the current agenda. People not to get a grip!

The death of George Floyd was absolutely tragic and the cop should be put away for a life time. To portray this guy with wings though etc - come on he was in and out of prison and in to guns and drugs. A sense of perspective please!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-06-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Seriously guys, have you not ever known the P word to a very offensive racial swear word? It is derived or shortened from Pakistani..I see what you mean there.. but it has always been racist because it’s always used as a slur to all south asian. Go to handsworth and start calling people it if you don’t believe me. It’s not as you think is similar to calling someone a pommie. I’m actually very shocked that i’m having to explain this to you.

The P word is like the N word. ask around. Google it if you have to.
    Regis.....

There is no doubt that if you use the “N” word these days everyone knows it’s offensive.

Back in the 70’s and 80’s my parents and grandparents and even teachers at school would describe a certain dark shade of brown as “N” brown and do it without the slightest hint of being a racist.........maybe you’re old enough to remember these times?

Back in the day when needing something from a local shop everyone I knew would identify that shop a being the “P” shop and again without any malice.

I worked for a few years across the West Midlands as a rep for a frozen food company and most of the shops were owned by Indians,Pakistanis and West Indians.

The Indians and the West Indians referred to their neighbours as the “P’s” but nobody labelled them as racist......I wonder why?

The truth is that back then I’d often refer to them to their faces as “You bloody P’s” and tell them what a cunning bunch they were and they’d laugh and call me “white boy” to which I’d laugh back.

Suddenly times changed and everybody started to take offence at everything.

About 7 years ago I entered a team in a 6 a side tournament at the Hawthorns and two former forum members had sons in my team.

One was HS Baggie who was Indian and the other was Jack the son of Bedford Baggie Jason.

The tournament went well until we played a team from Walsall who were all Pakistanis.

The abuse fished out on the pitch to my lads was appalling with young lads like Jak and my lad being called “white boy” with real venom in an attempt to cause a ruck.

My lad is 6 feet 4 and was into his kickboxing and was ready to take on all comers after the match.

I called the referee over and asked him what he was going to do about it and he said he’d heard nothing ( he was black by the way )

Funny that he’d heard nothing because HS Baggie ( Harry ) was sat in the East Stand and heard it all from 50 yards away.

After the event was finished HS came up to me and apologised on THEIR behalf saying he was ashamed to be Asian and he couldn’t believe the refs inaction and response.

I reported it to the event organisers on the day and they basically blanked me.

I left it at that but when contacted a year later to see if I wanted to enter a team again I rejected the offer and explained why.

Back to my original point though.......the “P” word should only be classed as racist at the point where “Brit,Scot,Dane,Aussie,Swede” and the rest are classed as the same.

I think your wrong by attacking GLM in this way Regis......it feels like points scoring to me but that’s your choice I guess.

If the “N” word was used then maybe so.

That said.........it seems it’s okay for black people to refer to themselves as “N” which strikes me as ironic seeing how quickly they jump on any white person using it.

If it’s racist for whites to use it then by definition it’s racist for blacks to use it.

Interesting debate this one.

Regis.....

There is no doubt that if you use the “N” word these days everyone knows it’s offensive.

Back in the 70’s and 80’s my parents and grandparents and even teachers at school would describe a certain dark shade of brown as “N” brown and do it without the slightest hint of being a racist.........maybe you’re old enough to remember these times?

Back in the day when needing something from a local shop everyone I knew would identify that shop a being the “P” shop and again without any malice.

I worked for a few years across the West Midlands as a rep for a frozen food company and most of the shops were owned by Indians,Pakistanis and West Indians.

The Indians and the West Indians referred to their neighbours as the “P’s” but nobody labelled them as racist......I wonder why?

The truth is that back then I’d often refer to them to their faces as “You bloody P’s” and tell them what a cunning bunch they were and they’d laugh and call me “white boy” to which I’d laugh back.

Suddenly times changed and everybody started to take offence at everything.

About 7 years ago I entered a team in a 6 a side tournament at the Hawthorns and two former forum members had sons in my team.

One was HS Baggie who was Indian and the other was Jack the son of Bedford Baggie Jason.

The tournament went well until we played a team from Walsall who were all Pakistanis.

The abuse fished out on the pitch to my lads was appalling with young lads like Jak and my lad being called “white boy” with real venom in an attempt to cause a ruck.

My lad is 6 feet 4 and was into his kickboxing and was ready to take on all comers after the match.

I called the referee over and asked him what he was going to do about it and he said he’d heard nothing ( he was black by the way )

Funny that he’d heard nothing because HS Baggie ( Harry ) was sat in the East Stand and heard it all from 50 yards away.

After the event was finished HS came up to me and apologised on THEIR behalf saying he was ashamed to be Asian and he couldn’t believe the refs inaction and response.

I reported it to the event organisers on the day and they basically blanked me.

I left it at that but when contacted a year later to see if I wanted to enter a team again I rejected the offer and explained why.

Back to my original point though.......the “P” word should only be classed as racist at the point where “Brit,Scot,Dane,Aussie,Swede” and the rest are classed as the same.

I think your wrong by attacking GLM in this way Regis......it feels like points scoring to me but that’s your choice I guess.

If the “N” word was used then maybe so.

That said.........it seems it’s okay for black people to refer to themselves as “N” which strikes me as ironic seeing how quickly they jump on any white person using it.

If it’s racist for whites to use it then by definition it’s racist for blacks to use it.

Interesting debate this one.
    I’m definitely not point scoring at all Mick.. I called out GLM purely because he’s made that racist slur.. the Paki word is racist. I urge you to just put the question in Google asking ‘if Paki is racist’ and you’ll see. GLM knows full well what he’s saying, he’s made remarks before that id class as coming from a racist. I’m not here to have a go at him deliberately but that slur really is distasteful. The P word has been made racist probably for the good part of the last 30 years. I’m nearing 40 Mick and i’ve heard it less and less.
    Whilst I acknowledge that in the past many years ago it was common to use it, it sadly has been used by racists, britain first followers, edl and combat 18. It is always graffitied on temples, mosques.. any asian establishments.

I do remember you telling us about that football tournament Mick you mention. There are scumbags in all walks off life. I was born and bred west brom and grew up thinking majority of blacks and pakistanis were scum/aggressive. But having lived elsewhere away from the midlands my views changed a lot because I came across decent guys from those backgrounds. Midlands is horrible for it and some parts of Yorkshire.
    All i’m saying is it is racist because it’s used by someone who wants to dish racial abuse.

I’m definitely not point scoring at all Mick.. I called out GLM purely because he’s made that racist slur.. the Paki word is racist. I urge you to just put the question in Google asking ‘if Paki is racist’ and you’ll see. GLM knows full well what he’s saying, he’s made remarks before that id class as coming from a racist. I’m not here to have a go at him deliberately but that slur really is distasteful. The P word has been made racist probably for the good part of the last 30 years. I’m nearing 40 Mick and i’ve heard it less and less.
    Whilst I acknowledge that in the past many years ago it was common to use it, it sadly has been used by racists, britain first followers, edl and combat 18. It is always graffitied on temples, mosques.. any asian establishments.

I do remember you telling us about that football tournament Mick you mention. There are scumbags in all walks off life. I was born and bred west brom and grew up thinking majority of blacks and pakistanis were scum/aggressive. But having lived elsewhere away from the midlands my views changed a lot because I came across decent guys from those backgrounds. Midlands is horrible for it and some parts of Yorkshire.
    All i’m saying is it is racist because it’s used by someone who wants to dish racial abuse.
    My point Regis.....,until the rest of the abbreviated nations names that are used at any of us are banned this is quite frankly disingenuous hogwash.

There’s too much “white bashing” by white people let alone other races these days.

Black people have had the rough end of the stick without doubt but I’m sorry chap.....if a Pakistani can refer to me as a “Brit” or Tomas as a “Swede” then this is pure subjective bias.

Someone decided that the “P” word was going to be bad in the last 20 odd years.......it’s like it’s been convenient to use it to bash your average white van man with.

I’ve never considered it or me being called “Brit” or “Pommie” to be racist.

Middle class intellectuals have decided it’s okay for us to be racists if we use it but that it’s okay for them to abbreviate us.

Like I said......why are blacks allowed to call themselves and friends by the “N” word?

Please someone explain?

I remember the Aussies hammering us in the test in the mid seventies, and Geoff Thompson saying, Have that you Pommie b a stards. I didn't take offence, I doubt if anyone else did. It seems to me that blacks can take the mick out of each other, and take the mick out of whites but whites can't take the mick out of blacks.
    You white honky, how many blacks have said that and how many have been accused of committing a race crime. They are actually saying you white pig. But that's OK isn't it? Just a bit of fun
    Paki is abbreviation of Pakistani, like a Brit is for British. People need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I remember the Aussies hammering us in the test in the mid seventies, and Geoff Thompson saying, Have that you Pommie b a stards. I didn't take offence, I doubt if anyone else did. It seems to me that blacks can take the mick out of each other, and take the mick out of whites but whites can't take the mick out of blacks.
    You white honky, how many blacks have said that and how many have been accused of committing a race crime. They are actually saying you white pig. But that's OK isn't it? Just a bit of fun
    Paki is abbreviation of Pakistani, like a Brit is for British. People need to get a life.
    Perhaps you need to get a life 55 and maybe one without bigotry.

When you assess it like that Mick, it shouldn’t be racist. Like you say, it is abbreviated. However the use of the term Paki has only ever been used by racists.. when they subject their vitriol abuse they use that term/word.. a racist using that term isn’t thinking i’ll save a few breaths and abbreviate it.. they are being racist. It is this that has developed over the past 30 odd years to become a racial slur.. not just used for Pakistanis, but all south asians. I realize I’m talking amongst 50+ year old men here that grew up in a different generation to me. Welcome to 2020 guys. What you could get away with before you couldn’t now. This isn’t even being PC, it is simply racist because as I’ve said it’s used by racists.

If you use social media for your business Mick, perhaps you should sell and advertise some tennis rackets for pakistanis.. state in the advert ‘we have new tennis rackets for pakis’ and see what reaction you get.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)