+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What in the world is going on down south?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I remember a time in the US many years ago now but looters would be shot on sight by police, especially in the south.
    something needs to be done mate, where are the police and the government.

Simple solution for the time being would be to impose lockdown again. No gatherings and only allowed to go to work, school and shopping. Anyone breaking the rulesfined and charged as a criminal act.
    Riots spreading throughout europe now.

The longer this goes on, and innocent people are being attacked and property vandalised, it will open the floodgates to BNP and such

Amen to that.

some of the comments on twitter are ****ing looney way of vindicating the violence.

Jimmy Saville, Hitler etc being used to justify it.

Farage has just said a new version of the taliban was born in the UK today, hes not far wrong

In one sense, I disagree with the protests but only because of the current situation with Covid-I think we've released lockdown too early and I'm even more dismaed by the pictures of crowded beaches.

In another sense, though, I'm glad people feel strongly enough to protest. Yes, the make-up of the crowd will include a number of privileged 'virtue-signallers' as well as the anarchists and just downright thugs who will latch onto anything as long as it means they can have a go at the Police. But, it's also heartening to see that folk are so appalled by what happened that they're prepared to do something about it to get their voices heard even in the middle of a global pandemic.

I'm honestly not trying to patronise here so sorry if it comes over that way but I'm sure that you lads know that saying 'black lives matter' doesn't mean that other lives don't or that they're not as important. It's astounding that in this day and age we're still faced woth a Police force in the world's leading 'free' country that would appear to be institutionally racist. I guess considering that within living memory black people were routinely-and officially-discriminated against in America it's not that surprising but the fact that it's still happening today is a disgrace that needs tackling on a global level. When the KKK endorse your president you know you're in trouble.

Like I say, not trying to preach...just my thoughts.

This stuff is happening big in Australia too except they are using the Aborigines as the oppressed ones, quite rightly so. I lived in Aussie for a few years many years ago and was appalled at how they were treated. If an Abo walked into a pub there was hell on and he'd be thrown out and the cops just turned a blind eye, I saw many beatings by the local hard men. They were basically looked on as sh!te by the majority, never given a chance of employment etc and many turned to booze, you would see them littered all over the place in downtown Sydney and Brisbane. I always had a soft spot for them and never had a problem with them. This stuff was very rarely reported on by the media, in my time there the country was basically white, very rarely saw a black face. The Abo's are the indigenous people and they were totally invisible.
    Just an observance like.

These demonstrations are all ‘preaching to the converted’ as the UK is (IMO) the least racist country in the world. Why don’t these people demonstrate where racism is more of a problem? Answers on a post card (clues: it’s too difficult and money).
    This will only get worse till decent people do something about it (the politicians don’t care anymore).

Floyds death was unjust but..
    Peacefull Protesting is ok normally but not when we’re meant to be trying to stamp out a pandemic

Defacing memorials and damaging property is just wrong

The thing is they should be protesting about how many Kids are Getting killed by knife and gun crime rather than one death over the pond ffs

Just a chance to blow off steam and wreak havoc charading as anti racism

into watching the reallife shows including a few cop shows ,british in various locations but you see very few coloured criminals ( outside london) I know programmes can be doctored but there is too many and to doctor them all would be verging on a conspiracy It seems all of their preplanned raids are on white criminals , all the villians are white and if they are foreign they are eastern european . So the say the british cops enemy are black is wrong

It's disgraceful quite frankly.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)