+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What in the world is going on down south?

Surely the only winners with all this are the true rascists. Polarising opinion and rubbing up moderates the wrong way.

Oh yeah, big win for COVID spread too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's disgraceful quite frankly.
    the irony of it is, latest figures show between 50-80% of people with covid 19, dont even know they have it. Thousands of people have gathered rioting for days. one person infects 2.5 people and so on. Wonder how many of these people are ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    the irony of it is, latest figures show between 50-80% of people with covid 19, dont even know they have it. Thousands of people have gathered rioting for days. one person infects 2.5 people and so on. Wonder how many of these people are ****ed
    I don't give a shit if they're fucked, tbh...they made their choice to take a risk, My concern is for the people who they go home to and pass it on to or the person who picks up the loaf of bread they touched in Tesco's and gets the virus and takes it home.

Fucking ridiculous behaviour no matter how worthy the cause.

a slap in the face to 40000 brits who have died imo. Many of these protestors will have only been there for the sake of hooliganism, deserve everything they get

I hope they don't come up here and put up a giant Ashley statue,
    To replace the statues pulled down.
    We should have a statue built of a load of dickheads acting like kids.

I agree it's not smart to gather in such numbers in times of COVID-19. However it shows that these issues matter more to them than their lives. Wonder if they will wish they acted differently if their loved ones become ill.

In the US there are so many videos of people that are clearly plants (a lot of them white) that are instigating and encouraging violence who have nothing to do with the protests. Peaceful Protesters are chasing these people off and asking them what the hell they are doing smashing windows of businesses and handing out bricks. It is likely undercover police trying to fomet violence so that the peaceful protests can be broken up with violence from themselves or the Military like trump wants. Authorities in Minnesota have suggested it is white supremacists. There are piles of bricks being left where protests are due to take place. It's not the protestors who put them there. I urge you all to think and think deeply.

As for in the UK be very careful of claims on social media. City of Westminster Police said on Twitter: “We are aware of incorrect social media rumours of damage being caused to the Cenotaph during protests in #Whitehall. We are not aware of any damage.”

The graffiti on the Churchill statue I disagree with completely. Even if he was a racist. I feel that is going too far. It will enrage people and and they will no longer be willing to listen to the message of peaceful protestors. There are a minority of some young and dumb people out there causing trouble, I agree.

I'd suggest listening to the message that peaceful protestors are putting out there.
    Last edited by BenArfa10; 08-06-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    it just shows how ignorant these people are.

The Arab slave trade was 10 x bigger, you dont see many of these lot over in the Arabian countries, pulling down their statues and smashing up their towns, id love to see them try.

Plastic ****s using their privilaged lives to complain about the privilaged syatem that allows them to act like dlckheads
    Most of the slave trade was carried out by the Portuguese with the co-operation of the more powerful African tribes who did the rounding up and corralling of the weaker tribes on behalf of the slave traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    In one sense, I disagree with the protests but only because of the current situation with Covid-I think we've released lockdown too early and I'm even more dismaed by the pictures of crowded beaches.

In another sense, though, I'm glad people feel strongly enough to protest. Yes, the make-up of the crowd will include a number of privileged 'virtue-signallers' as well as the anarchists and just downright thugs who will latch onto anything as long as it means they can have a go at the Police. But, it's also heartening to see that folk are so appalled by what happened that they're prepared to do something about it to get their voices heard even in the middle of a global pandemic.

I'm honestly not trying to patronise here so sorry if it comes over that way but I'm sure that you lads know that saying 'black lives matter' doesn't mean that other lives don't or that they're not as important. It's astounding that in this day and age we're still faced woth a Police force in the world's leading 'free' country that would appear to be institutionally racist. I guess considering that within living memory black people were routinely-and officially-discriminated against in America it's not that surprising but the fact that it's still happening today is a disgrace that needs tackling on a global level. When the KKK endorse your president you know you're in trouble.

Like I say, not trying to preach...just my thoughts.
    Well said Zippity! 👏

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I agree it's not smart to gather in such numbers in times of COVID-19. However it shows that these issues matter more to them than their lives. Wonder if they will wish they acted differently if their loved ones become ill.

In the US there are so many videos of people that are clearly plants (a lot of them white) that are instigating and encouraging violence who have nothing to do with the protests. Peaceful Protesters are chasing these people off and asking them what the hell they are doing smashing windows of businesses and handing out bricks. It is likely undercover police trying to fomet violence so that the peaceful protests can be broken up with violence from themselves or the Military like trump wants. Authorities in Minnesota have suggested it is white supremacists. There are piles of bricks being left where protests are due to take place. It's not the protestors who put them there. I urge you all to think and think deeply.

As for in the UK be very careful of claims on social media. City of Westminster Police said on Twitter: “We are aware of incorrect social media rumours of damage being caused to the Cenotaph during protests in #Whitehall. We are not aware of any damage.”

The graffiti on the Churchill statue I disagree with completely. Even if he was a racist. I feel that is going too far. It will enrage people and and they will no longer be willing to listen to the message of peaceful protestors. There are a minority of some young and dumb people out there causing trouble, I agree.

I'd suggest listening to the message that peaceful protestors are putting out there.
    You urge us to think deeply about your made up conspiracy theories? No thanks.

It's ironic but many of the black people would not be in the UK or USA now if it wasn't for slave trading. Stupidity to apply today's values to times gone by - 70 years to Churchill and 300 years to Colston FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You urge us to think deeply about your made up conspiracy theories? No thanks.

It's ironic but many of the black people would not be in the UK or USA now if it wasn't for slave trading. Stupidity to apply today's values to times gone by - 70 years to Churchill and 300 years to Colston FFS.
    Exactly the above, and remember although they were difficult and almost evil circumstances which brought the Africans to the New World there must be the majority of them there now living better off than the families who remained in Africa, even to this day..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)