+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ricky & Ralph's Northern adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It was good to see Tarn shown inna good leet fo wunce ,
    BTW that Elephant & Castle is a reyt place fo food , and not silly prices ,
    " dunt join the big que or Yull end up int chippy "

Elephant & Castle my arse! It's ok but over rated in my opinion. Much rather Strafford Arms or Travellers Inn at Birdwell. Wortley Arms is top notch pub grub if tha guz slightly beyond Tarn boundary.

A could murder fish and chips oppun from Shaws at Doduth. I ev missed evin that during lockdarn.

Ad soowinna gu tu Madges cafe darn lunwood than Straffud , it's gon darnhill fasta thun Eddie The Eagul ,

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Elephant & Castle my arse! It's ok but over rated in my opinion. Much rather Strafford Arms or Travellers Inn at Birdwell. Wortley Arms is top notch pub grub if tha guz slightly beyond Tarn boundary.

A could murder fish and chips oppun from Shaws at Doduth. I ev missed evin that during lockdarn.
    Ash near Wombwell is very good and The Full House at Monk Bretton is well worth a go .

Ziggy's Spice Hut in Halifax is probably best avoided. A day off work drinking plenty of Lucozade (from large bottles wrapped in orange cellophane) needed following day to replace liquid being lost down below, sweating and bilious like Alok Sharma. "Sh1t through the eye of a needle" for 24 hours-only really firm up by Day 3.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-06-2020 at 08:51 AM.

I tend not to visit the Strafford Arms when I'm in Barnsley as I understand it is frequented by unsavoury types allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I tend not to visit the Strafford Arms when I'm in Barnsley as I understand it is frequented by unsavoury types allegedly

I dont really give a shyte who its frequented by as I'm not the small talk sociable type to be honest Ziles. I just enjoy the rare opportunities we get when the kids are at they're grandparents by sitting outside the Strafford relaxing with my missus enjoying the conversation between us, enjoying the view with a nice pint and some decent snap. Nothing more, nothing less mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ad soowinna gu tu Madges cafe darn lunwood than Straffud , it's gon darnhill fasta thun Eddie The Eagul ,
    I ent been theear since last summer Roma so al tek thi word for it mi owd.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ash near Wombwell is very good and The Full House at Monk Bretton is well worth a go .
    Cheers mate 👍

I dont really give a shyte who its frequented by as I'm not the small talk sociable type to be honest Ziles. I just enjoy the rare opportunities we get when the kids are at they're grandparents by sitting outside the Strafford relaxing with my missus enjoying the conversation between us, enjoying the view with a nice pint and some decent snap. Nothing more, nothing less mate.
    Good fothee Pass , abart 4 year's ago me an missis went onnuz orn , we ed that special meyt ( Briaund a think it's called) ad to order it day afoor , long process to cook or summat ? Thal kno , ennyrooard itwa spot on , av earrd that Brian May's been theer a few times wenniz rarnd north ,

Cheers mate ��
    Ash has a good name for its food , ad forgot about Full House , not been theer for years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123