+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky & Ralph's Northern adventure

Where exactly are you wanting to go with this unnecessary conversation Exile ?
    I don't see the point personally , so count me out thank you , " Don't look back in anger " life's too short !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Where exactly are you wanting to go with this unnecessary conversation Exile ?
    I don't see the point personally , so count me out thank you , " Don't look back in anger " life's too short !
    Just wondered what your reason was for introducing Scargill into the post

Big mate of Mr Scargill , regular visitor darn Arndhill
    I didn't actually know that but my point was about his prison sentence in the 70's .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I didn't actually know that but my point was about his prison sentence in the 70's .
    I went to see him maybe 2 years back at the Civic , a really interesting evening , he spoke very highly of the Miner's and what they stood for , he has a very strong connection with the working class , credit to the man , always worthy of a good listen , either as an Actor or in his ordinary life, I think I may still have his book if your interested ? You can have it if you want ,
    Last edited by Romared; 08-06-2020 at 09:11 AM.

I watched the Barnsley episode few weeks back. Any media that paints our town in a good light brings a smile to my face.
    The bit at WMW was fantastic and brought a smile plus a tear.

I went to see him maybe 2 years back at the Civic , a really interesting evening , he spoke very highly of the Miner's and what they stood for , he has a very strong connection with the working class , credit to the man , always worthy of a good listen , either as an Actor or in his ordinary life, I think I may still have his book if your interested ? You can have it if you want ,
    I've read it Roma a few years back , still got it somewhere .

Made a reight example of Ricky and the Shrewsbury lads in relation to what they actually did .

A real injustice .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've read it Roma a few years back , still got it somewhere .

Made a reight example of Ricky and the Shrewsbury lads in relation to what they actually did .

A real injustice .
    He told a brief story about his incarceration a couple of episodes back. The injustice of it all shocked me. I was totally unaware that he'd been inside.

Last week he was at Beamish and getting emotional talking about the way this country treat miners and the important role they had keeping the wheels of industry turning. A passionate blowk and a good egg from what I can make out. Its refreshing to have some decent television on with people who understand things, I can certainly relate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    I watched the Barnsley episode few weeks back. Any media that paints our town in a good light brings a smile to my face.
    The bit at WMW was fantastic and brought a smile plus a tear.

Just watched it mate, brilliant stuff. Brass band sounded terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Just watched it mate, brilliant stuff. Brass band sounded terrific.
    It was good to see Tarn shown inna good leet fo wunce ,
    BTW that Elephant & Castle is a reyt place fo food , and not silly prices ,
    " dunt join the big que or Yull end up int chippy "

It was good to see Tarn shown inna good leet fo wunce ,
    BTW that Elephant & Castle is a reyt place fo food , and not silly prices ,
    " dunt join the big que or Yull end up int chippy "
    Now that was funny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast