+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Better than a bobby's knee being rammed darn thi throit Ponte.
    Then go protest in the country where it happened. Not at the Cenotaph.

Saddam Hussein's in Baghdad ?

Dont recall all this outrage abart that being pulled darn

Think it was Budapest we visited that had a “Park” allocated to all the statues of communist leaders, moved there on purpose.
    Good idea that....
    visit if you wanted, ignore it you did t want to see it. They didn't destroy them, despite the statues celebrating people who made their, and their ancestors live a misery

Local people wanted some time ago to move the Bristol statue to Bristol Museum but Bristol Council voted against it

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    No flights or haven't you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    As a schoolboy i was taught alongside many different Nationalities , there was never an hint of racist behaviour by anyone, the only times i heard the name calling etc was at football matches , we know it exists in life more now , but that's down to pure ignorance i think , it's not big or clever being like that , it does need stopping , however part of me thinks that the media are fanning the flames , I'm fed up of listening to ex footballers , athletes etc constantly banging on about it ,
    Stop highlighting these racist morons on the News , it just encourages them to continue
    Can't recall any different nationalities in my school when I was a kid Certainly not in Barnsley,Bradford yes but not in Barnsley as we didn't have the type of employment that appealed My schooldays as a nipper were in the 50's
    Not a black face to be seen except on't Pit Paddy
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-06-2020 at 02:46 PM.

But there isn’t a statue of Thatcher. Putting one up would have been an act of war. This statue I presume was there for a reason, to commemorate some of the good things he did?
    I wasn’t aware it said “ In recognition of his services to slavery!”

Some black peoples will not be happy until all white history is erased.

Some black people, Not all....

When this statue, and Rhodes in Oxford has gone, what target next for the aggrieved?
    Yes there is a statue of Mandela

But there isn’t a statue of Thatcher. Putting one up would have been an act of war. This statue I presume was there for a reason, to commemorate some of the good things he did?
    I wasn’t aware it said “ In recognition of his services to slavery!”

Some black peoples will not be happy until all white history is erased.

Some black people, Not all....

When this statue, and Rhodes in Oxford has gone, what target next for the aggrieved?
    Would you be happy with a statue to Jimmy Savile
    Leaving apart his appalling crimes he raised lots of money for charities you know
    How's that sit with you Jules or would you join me in pulling one down?

That assumes a view of there's nothing to see here in the UK Jules .

Three years ago a report concluded that there's was racial prejudice in the justice system with minorities receiving longer sentences than white people .

The Inquiry in to the Stephen Lawrence case concluded that the Met Police were institutionally racist .

I never mentioned Black faces , as for these rentamob protesters , some with placards " i can't breathe " well maybe they won't be able to breath shortly, and then rely on Hospital staff to help them recover , they broke all the rules yesterday and on previous occasions , by not adhering to the guidlines on safe distancing , then to top it all attacking the police , breaking a police horses nose with a brick , vandalising , graffiti , setting fire to Our flag , yet some reports say they were a minority ? It was pre meditated vandalism , which normal law abiding citizen walks around with Ropes and spray cans ? And will they pay for any damage they did ? NO because they have nothing to give , If they put as much effort in to finding a job ? No again because some don't even consider that option , yet they are happy receiving hand outs from the tax payer ,

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast