+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Would you be happy with a statue to Jimmy Savile
    Leaving apart his appalling crimes he raised lots of money for charities you know
    How's that sit with you Jules or would you join me in pulling one down?
    his gravestone was rightly removed ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    his gravestone was rightly removed ,
    Not even in the same ballpark

Not even in the same ballpark
    Why mention him then ? You seem hell bent on provocation today WHY ?
    and what is a ballpark exactly ?

Would you be happy with a statue to Jimmy Savile
    Leaving apart his appalling crimes he raised lots of money for charities you know
    How's that sit with you Jules or would you join me in pulling one down?
    Fair point Exile. But demonstrates that ”At the time” it was ok to put a statue up. OK to celebrate people that AT THE TIME we’re perceived great and good .
    Today it isn’t.
    I Could ask, if you think the Charities Should give the money back...?
    I don’t , as I was a beneficiary of the Leeds Children’s heart surgery fund that “ at the time” of accepting the money
    may or may not have known his crimes, yet good was done for me..... not all Jimmys endeavor resulted in abuse......As no doubt the fellow who’s statue was torn down was.
    My point is that we do things in the last that sometimes as countries ( and I’m not taking political Parties) we get wrong. We accept its wrong, but shouldn’t erase the History. No-one should excuse slavery, but it happened.....
    imagin if they did this in China, where allegedly Mao murdered thousand. Would they say “ Ok... pull it down ? “

As a country we accept its wrong.
    They should have moved the statue, I get that. But Thuggery and vandalism ( and my black Friend in NYC is telling me that they’ve ransacked his Neighbor hood Black owned businesses wantonly!! ). Isn’t right. It only enforced some people’s beliefs in Racism.

There isn’t one left now Roma.... been trashed

And we’re they right to take down Jimmy statue? Of course.

All this is becoming a taboo subject , nobody wants to say anything , because it's turned into racism , even the van dwellers , Liverpool fans , are treated the same , " no go area " bringing the Lawrence Murder into this ? What about the White girls Killed or raped systematically ? By some Overseas being ? I'm all for equality , but i won't be fooled , just notice n any TV you may watch , the equalness is now on the side of coloured people , no problem with that personally , equality some may have , equally balanced views ? Beware !! Don't you feel sorry for the Irish , Welsh and Scots who have been abused or ridiculed for Centuries ,, Charlie Williams Birdwell club 1970 ,

That nasty piece of work Priti Patel (what happened to that bullying report?) ez said in the Commons there were 137,000 attending protests across the country this weekend and 135 arrests--approx 1 in a 1000. Lets not forget the vast majority who protested peacefully.

Tha'll get fooak intent on trouble at any event/gathering, even at Barnsley football games,even with posh chaps "in high spirits" at Royal Ascot, even with Bullingdon Club members trashing restaurants. Some perspective needed.

All Lives Matter.

A Sam and Lydia Special toneet, recorded at 2m distance. Look art fo the cockatoo. Lydia likes a cockatoo.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-06-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Fair point Exile. But demonstrates that ”At the time” it was ok to put a statue up. OK to celebrate people that AT THE TIME we’re perceived great and good .
    Today it isn’t.
    I Could ask, if you think the Charities Should give the money back...?
    I don’t , as I was a beneficiary of the Leeds Children’s heart surgery fund that “ at the time” of accepting the money
    may or may not have known his crimes, yet good was done for me..... not all Jimmys endeavor resulted in abuse......As no doubt the fellow who’s statue was torn down was.
    My point is that we do things in the last that sometimes as countries ( and I’m not taking political Parties) we get wrong. We accept its wrong, but shouldn’t erase the History. No-one should excuse slavery, but it happened.....
    imagin if they did this in China, where allegedly Mao murdered thousand. Would they say “ Ok... pull it down ? “

As a country we accept its wrong.
    They should have moved the statue, I get that. But Thuggery and vandalism ( and my black Friend in NYC is telling me that they’ve ransacked his Neighbor hood Black owned businesses wantonly!! ). Isn’t right. It only enforced some people’s beliefs in Racism.
    As a country we don't accept it's wrong & that is the problem

Who were those who perceived him great & good

I'll guarantee it wasn't ordinary Joe & certainly not anyone black
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-06-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Provocation ??
    The reason I mentioned him was to draw attention to the bigotry & removing a gravestone in some anonymous grave yard which I'll wager not many new where it was is not the same as the statue in question which was in Bristol City centre & an obvious & in your face reminder of a truly horrible man

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast