+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

I've been feeding my neutral coloured bird today , he luvvs raisins !!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Provocation ??
    The reason I mentioned him was to draw attention to the bigotry & removing a gravestone in some anonymous grave yard which I'll wager not many new where it was is not the same as the statue in question which was in Bristol City centre & an obvious & in your face reminder of a truly horrible man
    You didn't state that clearly at the time tho , goodnight to all Emmadale n Corrie nar ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    You didn't state that clearly at the time tho , goodnight to all Emmadale n Corrie nar ,
    Why do you think SB mentioned Saddam Husseins statue ?

I remember it well , well I should do I was bloody well there .

March 1990 it was , there were thousands there and I mean thousands , not just some journo tweaking the numbers .

It's not surprising there were thousands there , every bugga in the country were affected if you lived in a house and were over 18 years old .

That's a lot of pyssed off people , they were pyssed off because that silly cow in Downing Street wasn't listening , she wasn't even listening to those on her side which was to be her downfall as it happened .

What occurred that day made this weekend's events around the country look like a Teddy Bears Picnic .

You've never seen anything like it since in this country that I do know .

This is what happens when something so fundamentally unfair is inflicted on the people and despite the very best efforts democratically to stop it beforehand , no bugga was listening as I say which leaves the people where ?

Accept it ? , do nowt ? , suck it up ? , let the bstrds get away with it ?

Not on that occasion my friends .

Yes there was condemnation in Parliament but he's the thing right there weren't too many within the public domain condemning it .

That's because every bleedah didn't want to pay the unfair Thatcher tax , it affected almost everyone , black , white , muslim , working class , middle class etc etc .

No minority here to demonise , not on this matter .

If no bugga had stood up you'd still be paying it today , thirty years on I can guarantee it .

Easy to condemn folk when it doesn't affect you , not your battle so away you go and pin yourself to the moral high ground , pin yourself because you'll never walk in their shoes .

However when it is you and everyone around you , the end justifies the means .... or so it seems .

Poll Tax Riots , London, March 1990 .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That assumes a view of there's nothing to see here in the UK Jules .

Three years ago a report concluded that there's was racial prejudice in the justice system with minorities receiving longer sentences than white people .

The Inquiry in to the Stephen Lawrence case concluded that the Met Police were institutionally racist .

I’m acutely aware there IS racism in this country.
    Real vile stuff. My friends have experienced it. I’ve seen it, I’ve worked in one of the most divided town in the UK, Burnley. ( it was when I worked there for two years anyway).
    I’ve called it out on more than one occasion, resulting in more than a couple of dismissals, and a few hairy moments!

It’s not just in the justice system. IN NO WAY have I said said “There’s nothing to see here” . I just think that the way to tackle it isn’t violence, once or twice a year. We live in a democracy.

Perhaps Exile, in his support of these people would like to go to China, and help pull Mao’s statue down. I’ll pay for his flight over. He wouldn’t need a flight paying for on the way back.

“The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones.”
    Last edited by Jules88; 08-06-2020 at 07:02 PM.

All this is becoming a taboo subject , nobody wants to say anything , because it's turned into racism , even the van dwellers , Liverpool fans , are treated the same , " no go area " bringing the Lawrence Murder into this ? What about the White girls Killed or raped systematically ? By some Overseas being ? I'm all for equality , but i won't be fooled , just notice n any TV you may watch , the equalness is now on the side of coloured people , no problem with that personally , equality some may have , equally balanced views ? Beware !! Don't you feel sorry for the Irish , Welsh and Scots who have been abused or ridiculed for Centuries ,, Charlie Williams Birdwell club 1970 ,
    Just reading his book....... wouldn’t get printed now, and some of the jokes are waaaaaay too far now.... They’d have torn his statue down!

Did you not laugh at Charlie then Exile? Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Real vile stuff. My friends have experienced it. I’ve seen it, I’ve worked in one of the most divided town in the UK, Burnley. ( it was when I worked there for two years anyway).
    I’ve called it out on more than one occasion, resulting in more than a couple of dismissals, and a few hairy moments!

It’s not just in the justice system. IN NO WAY have I said said “There’s nothing to see here” . I just think that the way to tackle it isn’t violence, once or twice a year. We live in a democracy.

Perhaps Exile, in his support of these people would like to go to China, and help pull Mao’s statue down. I’ll pay for his flight over. He wouldn’t need a flight paying for on the way back.

I hope you're not suggesting that I support violence because you are way off the mark mi owd & I would appreciate your withdrawal of that
    remark if so & like Animal said a day or so ago I don't condone it but I understand it
    World of difference
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-06-2020 at 07:11 PM.

I never mentioned Black faces , as for these rentamob protesters , some with placards " i can't breathe " well maybe they won't be able to breath shortly, and then rely on Hospital staff to help them recover , they broke all the rules yesterday and on previous occasions , by not adhering to the guidlines on safe distancing , then to top it all attacking the police , breaking a police horses nose with a brick , vandalising , graffiti , setting fire to Our flag , yet some reports say they were a minority ? It was pre meditated vandalism , which normal law abiding citizen walks around with Ropes and spray cans ? And will they pay for any damage they did ? NO because they have nothing to give , If they put as much effort in to finding a job ? No again because some don't even consider that option , yet they are happy receiving hand outs from the tax payer ,
    Spot on !

You asked if I would join you in getting rid of a statue of Jimmy Saville..
    No.
    I answered you.

No accusation there...... tha can “tittle” for ya apology cos one isn’t due..

So DID you ever laugh at Charlie’s jokes?
    Should the hospitals give the money back?

I’ll keep asking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Don't be so naive Jules , you don't live in a democracy , at least not the real sense .

More people voted against Trump in 2016 than for him .

More people voted against the Tories last December than for them too .

Sometimes people have no other place to go when the political and economic system fails em .

Black people in the States have done the peace protest in the 60's under Martin Luther King .

They've even had a black President for two terms .

Where else is there to go now when nothing changes ? .

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast