+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: “Dinna Bring an Arab Hame Tae Me”

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Ghandi is a racist now.

These blm folk cudnt give a flying **** about race or colour gunboat, they are marxist nutjobs.

They will attempt to smear anybody or literally anything.

Those burning crosses on the Fife side of the water have always bothered me though I must admit.
    ^^^ this all day long

Totally agree with that

The whole of history is full of atrocities. Should we burn all history books and start afresh? Lets maybe just try to live our lives judging people as we find them and not by the colour of their skin.

Mind you I can't help judging people by the football scarf they are wearing. I try hard not to though.

Seems to me the statues thing is a bit of a red herring here. The issue was started around what is definitely by any standard an offensive video made by a fan of DFC and left up on YouTube.

Then people on here start talking about not being offended by it - me included ok.
    But it's not the point that we're not offended by it personally, its about fans of a club who might be Pakistani Indian Italian etc being offended by it. I'm not offended on their behalf, I just think in today's inclusive equal society it has no place. But I knew if there was one Dee who would be on here defending it that would be ReturnofDross because he's defended racism at Dens before. Some people seem to think racism is ok but sectarianism isn't. They're both wrong.
    This shouldn't be confused with Political correctness.

Here is our club's stance on racism and equality, copied and pasted from the Club website. If you support the club you need to be buying into it.

"This summary is designed to provide clarity to stakeholders, supporters and everyone connected with Dundee United Football Company Limited (“The Club”) on the Club’s attitude to issues of racial harassment and abuse. It is further designed to promote good relations between persons of different ethnic or national groups and to preserve the good name of Dundee United.

The Club condemns racism in any form, either on or off the pitch.

The Club aims to create and maintain a working and spectating environment free from racial harassment and abuse. Everyone connected with the Club has a responsibility to prevent racial harassment or abuse"

That last sentence includes us the fans.

Julius Caesar has a month named after him as does Augustus the first emperor of Rome.To make a chunt happy what about July becoming MartinLuther and August can be renamed Tutu?.

I think it was FN appalling what happened in the USA to George Floyd and the 75 year old white guy in Buffalo and all the police officers involved deserve to be put on trial for their actions.

What i will not put up with is being lectured to by an idiot(Raheem Sterling) who has a gun tattooed on his leg.Sorry but this has gone way out of control and the world has gone mad.BTW Martin Luther King was in JFK's league when it came to cheating on his wife,in fact he was even FN worse.

He is regarded by many as a saint but he was anything but,in FBI files there is evidence that during a rape in an hotel room he was present and encouraged the attacker to carry on.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 10-06-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Yes of course it's ok to offend.

Are we?
    OK to offend people racially?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    The whole of history is full of atrocities. Should we burn all history books and start afresh? Lets maybe just try to live our lives judging people as we find them and not by the colour of their skin.

Mind you I can't help judging people by the football scarf they are wearing. I try hard not to though.
    Agreed on all points 👍

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Seems to me the statues thing is a bit of a red herring here. The issue was started around what is definitely by any standard an offensive video made by a fan of DFC and left up on YouTube.

Then people on here start talking about not being offended by it - me included ok.
    But it's not the point that we're not offended by it personally, its about fans of a club who might be Pakistani Indian Italian etc being offended by it. I'm not offended on their behalf, I just think in today's inclusive equal society it has no place. But I knew if there was one Dee who would be on here defending it that would be ReturnofDross because he's defended racism at Dens before. Some people seem to think racism is ok but sectarianism isn't. They're both wrong.
    This shouldn't be confused with Political correctness.

Here is our club's stance on racism and equality, copied and pasted from the Club website. If you support the club you need to be buying into it.

"This summary is designed to provide clarity to stakeholders, supporters and everyone connected with Dundee United Football Company Limited (“The Club”) on the Club’s attitude to issues of racial harassment and abuse. It is further designed to promote good relations between persons of different ethnic or national groups and to preserve the good name of Dundee United.

The Club condemns racism in any form, either on or off the pitch.

The Club aims to create and maintain a working and spectating environment free from racial harassment and abuse. Everyone connected with the Club has a responsibility to prevent racial harassment or abuse"

That last sentence includes us the fans.
    There is no difference whatsoever between Dundee United and Dundee FC when it comes to racism,if anything because we have a larger support than the Dees its obvious that we will have more racists.If we travel back in time to the 60's its safe to say the opposite would apply.

Aye GB, you I guess you are, like me old enough to remember the original words of "Get on yer knees and pray" about the Dens Park massacre of '65

Yes of course it's ok to offend.

Are we?
    It’s not about being offensive or taking offence

Racism is insidious

If it is allowed or encouraged it builds and builds.

Racism has to be called out and should not be tolerated

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)