+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: “Dinna Bring an Arab Hame Tae Me”

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Ding ding all aboard the offended bus.
    I'm not offended by it at all. Some people of different races and colours possibly might be. Just think it's very unpleasant and if I was a Dundee FC fan I would be very embarrassed by that.

(By the way, it is still ok to be offended by something that's offensive. All aboard the offended bus type comments can suggest that you support what has been said)

or rather not give two sh1ts stoke, its not about supporting its about not giving a f uck mate

shake head smiley

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Ding ding all aboard the offended bus.
    Hardly. Not surprising that its been brought up especially in the current climate. Will be the same for a lot of other people who have done something similar in the past, probably floundering to delete old content before it gets highlighted. To be honest its shocking enough that they got away with it in the first place! I remember my mate at school got that CD and I was sitting in their livingroom with him and his dad as they both sung it word for word. Although not aimed at minorities in the song, some of the lyrics are horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    or rather not give two sh1ts stoke, its not about supporting its about not giving a f uck mate

shake head smiley
    Fair do's. Threads like this and the Covid one get more attention when there's no football on. Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Hardly. Not surprising that its been brought up especially in the current climate. Will be the same for a lot of other people who have done something similar in the past, probably floundering to delete old content before it gets highlighted. To be honest its shocking enough that they got away with it in the first place! I remember my mate at school got that CD and I was sitting in their livingroom with him and his dad as they both sung it word for word. Although not aimed at minorities in the song, some of the lyrics are horrific.
    We must be a similar age.

That’s why it came into my head because I was reading an article about racism in Dundee and that was one of my earliest memories.

As I said, don’t want to turn it into point scoring as there will undoubtedly be as just as many United fans who used language like that but weren’t daft enough to record it.

As a white male it‘s pretty easy to not take offence, I certainly don’t but I can point out the difference between right and wrong and certainly wouldn’t want my kids listening to it and singing along.

Thank phukk being white has some kind of benefit eh?

I thought it was funny as f..., didnae offend iz ata

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Thank phukk being white has some kind of benefit eh?
    Aye, about 400 years of benefit.

In the original massacre O 65 lyrics the DFC keeper gets referred to as a shortened version of Pakistani,it was a shot that Ally Pakistani didnie see.

Something like that anyway.

I would say they are brilliant acurate forms of art at the time they were created.

I chuckle at them. Thon Boab maybe a dee but he is a funny one. Mind he played in a fans derby a few years back and fell right on his puss after running ten yards with excitement.

Written today it might cause some eye winks, but hardly worthy of pointing out.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)