+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward too . . .

Looking forward too . . .

. . . the Scottish Championship (allegedly in today's papers) starting again on 17th October with a reduced 27 - game season even if it is behind closed doors although playing each other 3 times which means, depending on the fixture list, you have to accept the loss of some home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    . . . the Scottish Championship (allegedly in today's papers) starting again on 17th October with a reduced 27 - game season even if it is behind closed doors although playing each other 3 times which means, depending on the fixture list, you have to accept the loss of some home games.
    Be interesting to see what arrangements might be put in place for streaming and the cost of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Be interesting to see what arrangements might be put in place for streaming and the cost of such a thing.
    well there is talk of a subscription based season ticket so clubs can make season ticket cash and screan the games live to season ticket holders but i think thats just the premier as its sky whos doing it ,for the leagues bellow each club would prob need to have there own live feed with there own equipment so thay can do the same thing

Football without paying fans is simply an unrealistic proposition at this level and there will not be enough fans prepared to pay for live streaming to make it financially viable it my opinion to cover players wages. As to the quality of any live streaming I very much have my doubts if it would be watcheable. If you opened up the Terregles Street terrace to the away supporters and gave the new stand solely to the Queens fans then based upon our crowd average it may just about work with social distancing in place but anything over a typical turnout would probably be a non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Football without paying fans is simply an unrealistic proposition at this level and there will not be enough fans prepared to pay for live streaming to make it financially viable it my opinion to cover players wages. As to the quality of any live streaming I very much have my doubts if it would be watcheable. If you opened up the Terregles Street terrace to the away supporters and gave the new stand solely to the Queens fans then based upon our crowd average it may just about work with social distancing in place but anything over a typical turnout would probably be a non starter.

yea i agree queens could operate with the social distance rule for our average supoport at biggest ,but whats seemingly being touted by the sfa is the championship can start in october and 27 games of a season with no fans during this season ,i can see alot of championship and bellow clubs going bust in this deal ,so as a club wanting to survive it we need to come up with something of our own ,we have 3 options ,1.(our own live tv feed) ,,2.(fans buying normal season tickets out of love for the club) or the 3.(chairman and the board digging deap out own pockets plus public donations) one of these scenarios will need to happen to keep queens alive until a date arrives to allow fans .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 10-06-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Good idea It would mean ticket only admission with no pay at the gate on the day

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post

Virtual season tickets will more than likely happen but it’ll need the fans to back the idea for it to be a success.

This amazing gesture could be the saving of football at our level making starting the league in October an actual realistic possibility. Finger crossed at least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...klyqUmPhdJwWSU

Looks like they are considering 14 10 10 10 leagues again - boring and repetitive but at least its only 3 times we will meet the same opponents if the 27 games plan goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Looks like they are considering 14 10 10 10 leagues again - boring and repetitive but at least its only 3 times we will meet the same opponents if the 27 games plan goes ahead.

dont personally like these 10 team league setups but with no teams being relegated it should pass a vote to get things started ,but will the bottom league clubs who voted together on closing the shop on there being relegation to the lowland and highland leagues go for it knowing that one of them or 2 could go each season ,mind these teams voted on mass to stop last months vote wanting no relegation to none league .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)