+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: End of season awards

End of season awards

So, finally the season is over, and we're up🎇🥈. So will we have a chance to choose our players of the season?

Plymouth have done their's today. Antoni Sarcevic is their player of the season.

So no comments so far. So who do YOU think is player of the season and Breakthrough player?

For me, It Ryan Wintle for POTS. As for Breakthrough...… does Lowery qualify? If not, then it can only be Luke Offord.

Goal of the season is on Twitter but I don't indulge so my vote goes to Anene's goal...mainly as it was the end product
    of about 20 passes from back to front. Very close behind was Lowery's classy effort against Salford and Charlie's solo last gasp winner against Oldham.

Player of the Season has to be Wintle, no contest.

As gazan says breakthrough player depends on how it’s defined. Lowery has been very good, but so have Pixie and Kirk, but do they qualify? Jaaskaleinen hasn’t been half bad either, and he had only played 4 times before this season so should be ahead of Offord, impressive though Offord was I don’t think he can be breakthrough player after only 9 games - pencil him in for next season. With Nottingham now having to stay at Blackpool he should get plenty of opportunities.

BTW - First post on forum, at last ...

POTS Wintle.
    Best goal - Lowery against Salford.

With regards to breakthrough player, I think it is a massive testament to DA and KL that there are so many !!
    Personally, I would go with Luke as he was 'thrown in at the deep-end'.

The small list on the official CAFC site for best breakthrough player is a joke. What idiot compiled that.

I guess they had their narrow criteria - looks like debut last or this season, which rules out Lowery, Pixie et al.

Having said that, the votes have been over for just over 12 hours and there are 1150 and 800 votes respectively- pretty good that.

My beef is having to comment on YouTube to vote for Tommy’s goal - restricting the electorate to those with the relevant accounts - grrrrr
    Last edited by AstonAlex; 18-06-2020 at 10:09 AM.

I second that last comment!