+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simon Bird - The Mirror - Same guy same paper two comnflicting stories

Simon Bird - The Mirror - Same guy same paper two comnflicting stories

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-deal-22165215
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hrive-22165062

This clown has written two stories one saying it's all good and going through the other saying it's in doubt.

Literally just making BS up to make some money. No evidence, no research it just proves that these clowns get paid per word they publish so the flood gate of nonsense is wide open.

Hang your head in shame clown shoes you're irrelevant, your career is a joke!

Wow. . . just wow.

And yet i'm not surprised.

Aye, anything to get clicks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, anything to get clicks, man.
    The journalists really dont know whats going on. They speculate and share whispers but ultimately they are just in the dark over things of this magnatude as we are.

Theres 100% no way anyone on Richard Masters staff would let the cat out of the bag.

Its more likely that the Prem are using their heads for once and dragging it out to get some sort of a deal struck with the saudi's over the piracy thing before giving them the nod.

The prem and other football leagues have tried and failed to stop the pirate streams from Saudi, if they can use this takeover as leverage then they will.

I have just asked this question on twitter, are the club in any sort of breach of contract, ie if they play a league game behind closed doors without refunding or giving direction to fans that have paid to attend that game? I wonder if we could have a resolution on the takeover before the game game takes place if it is in breach of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    The journalists really dont know whats going on. They speculate and share whispers but ultimately they are just in the dark over things of this magnatude as we are.

Theres 100% no way anyone on Richard Masters staff would let the cat out of the bag.

Its more likely that the Prem are using their heads for once and dragging it out to get some sort of a deal struck with the saudi's over the piracy thing before giving them the nod.

The prem and other football leagues have tried and failed to stop the pirate streams from Saudi, if they can use this takeover as leverage then they will.
    And that would be fair enough, to be honest. The problem is the Saudis couldn't say 'ok, let's strike a deal' without admitting complicity in the piracy...and that would lead to them failing directors' test as it would go against them clain=ming no involvement and that would constitute failing to be provide accurate and honest information.

Maybe theres some kind of money due into the club soon that Ashley wants before he goes. You know how he liked payments in instalments.

Empty the till.

And that would be fair enough, to be honest. The problem is the Saudis couldn't say 'ok, let's strike a deal' without admitting complicity in the piracy...and that would lead to them failing directors' test as it would go against them clain=ming no involvement and that would constitute failing to be provide accurate and honest information.
    What we have to remember is that the people who are involved with the PiF and the Saudi Government will not be the same people who are involved with Be-Out-Q (the opposite of BeIN sport from Qatar).

The owners and directors test is focused on if the people who will be on the board have a reputable background related ONLY to finances, bankruptcy and fraud.

The test doesn't cover Piracy.

Of course they Premier League will be asking questions and working to get assurances from Senior Saudi political figures via PiF that they will clamp down on the piracy, regardless of whether or not it is part of their anti-Qatar strategy.

However the Prem CAN NOT block the take over based on this. They will be in breach of their own rules and subject to a massive legal battle which, they will lose.

Whilst no one in the press has a f**kin clue what's going on. Whilst no one knows for sure, the only people I listen to are the Lawyers who appear of the Gallowgate Shots Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7aUlsucGmI

They work on these kinds of deal as part of their career. So when they talk I listen. I mean you don't go to the butcher to get a root canal do you?

The degrees of separation between the people involved with us and other alleged to be involved in the piracy is allegedly massive. They are not the same people and the takeover can not be stopped for those reasons.

I live in Qatar and I followed the the whole piracy story closely. Also I supply the big broadcast companies here with tech-products and services. I know a lot of people over at BeIN, the people piping the feed out of Qatar were/are Egyptian; they are in jail here for 25 yr now.

Of course the Prem will use the opportunity to get assistance in Saudi to combat piracy but regardless they won't be able to block the bid.

Oh, aye....I get that. My point, though, is the issue of providing honest answers and information which is part of the test. I don't doubt that they could work a deal out but if the links have become such a sticking point that they've had to say 'ok, look, this is how we can sort it out' then it becomes an issue for the PL of 'well that's all very well but that's not what you told us to start with....'

Oh, aye....I get that. My point, though, is the issue of providing honest answers and information which is part of the test. I don't doubt that they could work a deal out but if the links have become such a sticking point that they've had to say 'ok, look, this is how we can sort it out' then it becomes an issue for the PL of 'well that's all very well but that's not what you told us to start with....'
    I totally get it Zip. You make solid points, as usual.

Thing is that the Saudi/Qatari issue goes deep, believe me. So it's exactly what it seems, two nations in conflict and a company trying to make them resolve their issues.

Rather complex however the Prem is not prepared to challenge such a situation in any real legitimate way so we'll get the take over we have desperately needed for 13 yrs and the rest can suck it!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)