+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok lets get the ball rolling: transfer rumours 2020/1

We even bought Dexter Blackstock when he was already injured!!

Key area for me that we need to address is the keeper. We cant keep relying on taking young loanees from Premier League teams. Every summer we have the same problem.

Mick, totally agree. We always seem to rely on loanee keepers when, you'd think we'd try to have and retain our OWN keeper and build a future with him. Now we're hoping Leicester let us have Iversen back are we are f.ooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller View Post
    Key area for me that we need to address is the keeper. We cant keep relying on taking young loanees from Premier League teams. Every summer we have the same problem.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller View Post
    I don’t mind loaning a keeper I don’t mind keeping price but I do think price should be third choice and we find a young talent to be our future no 1, we’ve never had two great goalies

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Came off bench for forest a few times both old and both were never first team quality, would he get in over smith vas and ladapo? No
    I agree, I don't think he'd get in the starting eleven. I just think he be handy to throw on for 20 minutes to cause a bit of chaos in the box if we needed a goal. All a bit irrelevant anyway as he won't be coming here.

Five strikers who are currently free agents. Thoughts on these? Steven Fletcher, Ross McCormack, Lyle Taylor, Nouha Dicko & Brett Pitman. As for the keeper situation. I will throw in Joe Hart! Cant get a club so wages may be less of a problem. Bit of experience for a couple of seasons. Also, if we are sticking with the young loanees from the Prem, what about Freddie Woodman at Newcastle?

I wasnt overly impressed with Iversen if im honest. He wasnt bad by any means but I always felt he was never far away from a slip up.

The Loan keeper thing makes sense to me because we're only paying a percentage of their wages, otherwise there is probably no way we'd be able to afford a keeper of that quality. Look at Rodak, arguably the best in the Championship now on current form. Any keeper whose wages we could afford in full and sign on a permanent deal probably would't be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I don’t mind loaning a keeper I don’t mind keeping price but I do think price should be third choice and we find a young talent to be our future no 1, we’ve never had two great goalies
    Personally I would have bombed Price out and had Bilboe as third choice.

Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast