+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok lets get the ball rolling: transfer rumours 2020/1

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The Loan keeper thing makes sense to me because we're only paying a percentage of their wages, otherwise there is probably no way we'd be able to afford a keeper of that quality. Look at Rodak, arguably the best in the Championship now on current form. Any keeper whose wages we could afford in full and sign on a permanent deal probably would't be as good.
    I just don't feel loanees hearts are ever in the club and whilst you can carry someone like that to a certain extent in other positions, i feel the keeper must be committed and fully up for it. If they turn up half interested then you're in trouble. However, having said that I don't think any of our keeper loanees have been that way inclined. All been pretty much focused.

The worst keeper loanee was Kelle Roos. I thought he was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller View Post
    I just don't feel loanees hearts are ever in the club and whilst you can carry someone like that to a certain extent in other positions, i feel the keeper must be committed and fully up for it. If they turn up half interested then you're in trouble. However, having said that I don't think any of our keeper loanees have been that way inclined. All been pretty much focused.
    I know what you're saying, I suppose you just have to hope the player is hungry to progress his career. Dean Henderson is a good example, neither Shrewsbury or Sheffield United (despite being in the Premier league now) could have afforded to sign a permanent keeper as good as him and he's been as committed as any permanent signing to both clubs because it will benefit his own career in the long run.

I think we all agree on that!

I know what you're saying, I suppose you just have to hope the player is hungry to progress his career. Dean Henderson is a good example, neither Shrewsbury or Sheffield United (despite being in the Premier league now) could have afforded to sign a permanent keeper as good as him and he's been as committed as any permanent signing to both clubs because it will benefit his own career in the long run.
    Its all down to the individual mate. some good young lads out there but there is also some cocky ones with ideas above their stations. They think they should be given star status as a god given right. They get things too easy, and not just in football.

I think we all agree on that!
    He had 10 to 2 feet! Every kick went diagonally out for a throw in! His shot stopping wasnt that bad to be fair. I called him dracula cos he didnt like crosses!

The problem is as mentioned on the Austerity thread by GKOTW is that the top teams are stockpiling players to control supply/demand and somebody needs to put a stop to it. How ridiculous is it that a market exists where one Premiership team can't even afford to buy the 3rd choice keeper from another one.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The problem is as mentioned on the Austerity thread by GKOTW is that the top teams are stockpiling players to control supply/demand and somebody needs to put a stop to it. How ridiculous is it that a market exists where one Premiership team can't even afford to buy the 3rd choice keeper from another one.
    It’s been going on for years though.

For example Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who in 11 years at Man Utd managed only 235 games. Sounds a lot but it was during a time United were playing many euro games, cup games and the Premiership. A lot of his appearances were off the bench.

The key though was whilst he was benchwarming at Man U he wasn’t appearing regularly for a rival.

Five strikers who are currently free agents. Thoughts on these? Steven Fletcher, Ross McCormack, Lyle Taylor, Nouha Dicko & Brett Pitman. As for the keeper situation. I will throw in Joe Hart! Cant get a club so wages may be less of a problem. Bit of experience for a couple of seasons. Also, if we are sticking with the young loanees from the Prem, what about Freddie Woodman at Newcastle?
    Out of all them 5 I wouldn’t mind signing Dicko on a 2 year deal plus one optional 28 not a bad striker and could probably make starting 11 at some point

True but Danny Collins was the worse player that season you could literally make money on us losing if he started and I did

Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast