+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell's new home kit is a classic

Motherwell's new home kit is a classic

Motherwell unveil a true classic.The new home strip is no modern day fantasy but a perfect creation in claret and amber - External Link

It would be a classic if the shorts were the proper Claret colours instead of white. The jersey is a thing of beauty though.

It's truly a Work of Art IMO. We doing 'Covid' sizes I wonder?! Must've put on around 10lbs the past 10 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    It would be a classic if the shorts were the proper Claret colours instead of white.
    They're the proper colour of the 1950 shorts that this year's strip is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by numpty13 View Post
    They're the proper colour of the 1950 shorts that this year's strip is based on.
    I realise that but the Claret shorts are still better with our home kit.

Yes, much prefer the claret shorts. Looks so much better I think.

I'm trying to like it but the use of white just "weakens" the whole look. There is nothing "traditional" about white shorts. Virtually all clubs used them back in the day because the only choices were white or black. The greater availability of more colourful shorts was great for clubs like Motherwell. Every season I fear the return of the white shorts. Basically, white is for the "away kit" and should not be allowed anywhere near the "home kit".

PS Switch the shorts to claret, lose the collar and make the cuffs amber and you've got a cracking strip all 'Well fans can be proud of ..... in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipps View Post
    PS Switch the shorts to claret, lose the collar and make the cuffs amber and you've got a cracking strip all 'Well fans can be proud of ..... in my opinion.
    That would indeed make a cracking strip (maybe next season?) but if the strip is supposed to be a tribute to the League Cup winners then it's all right.

Name:  947706-2.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  46.7 KB

I realise that jwok .... but still .... .

A further bug bear of mine concerning the strip has also been incorporated into the design. I've just viewed the strip on the club shop website and the chest band does not continue onto the back of the shirt. I really hate that. It just looks half-assed. I never buy a strip where that is the case. So I wont be buying this one.

I've always wanted to see a home kit with the Claret hoop rather than the band but sadly I never seems to materialise. I think it may be something to do with the back having to be plain to make the number more visible but even then I don't know why we can put a 'box' to contain the number as I'm sure Killie and Celtic have often done before.

The last time we had a hoop rather than the band was the 1994 - 1996 home kit by Pony. That was a cracker of a strip and I've even still got mine, though I've no chance of it ever fitting me again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)