+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Down from the Championship

When a club goes into administration the penalty is 12 points. I know there was something dubious over the previous owner who probably didn't have the financial resources to buy the club in the first place and the 'fit and proper person' rule should have come into effect but its not a rule that carries much weight in a court of law and the rule has been overturned previously. Its unfortunate for Wigan but the blame lies with whoever sold the club in the first place. The rule has to be applied, 12 points deducted.

Watched the Leeds v Stoke game. Stoke were woeful and absolutely clueless. Manager on touchline with a blank look on his face. They badly need a club manager.

But not yet!😁

Just to be clear - the owner of Wigan Athletic did pass the fit and proper person test and did have the money to buy the club, as Rick Parry confirmed in his interview with some of their fans. If he decided to renege on his responsibilities there’s not a lot anyone can do about it.

As for stoke, they’re up and down like a bride’s nighty at the moment - poor against a very good Leeds side and a fighting Wigan; but good against a poor Barnsley team. It’s obvious that they have a lot of long serving players, let’s be honest past their best and less than interested, so it’s clear out time in the summer.

I heard, don't know if true and probably not but there was some betting in the Far East on Wigan being relegated !!

I heard that too. in which case it's a bit hard on the club and fans. So the 12 point deduction needs another look. Also rooting for Wigan to do well in remaining fixtures and Stoke to come down.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I heard that too. in which case it's a bit hard on the club and fans. So the 12 point deduction needs another look. Also rooting for Wigan to do well in remaining fixtures and Stoke to come down.
    Cant see the 12 point deduction being reversed, if what Rick Parry said in his interview was true there are even less grounds for an appeal, but we will see. Stoke are not a good side despite the money they spend on players but have got a lot of problems with personnel. I know there manager gets a lot of stick but he is using players signed by previous managers, yes they need a clear out providing the players they need to clear out are out of contract. It would be great to play them next season but Wigan if the points deductions hold are 5 points adrift of Stoke with 4 games left, but Hull are now very much in the mix.

Yep, looks like the Wigan situation is likely to provide Stoke with a safety cushion. Shame, in all respects!
    Does Ché Dunkley still play for Wigan?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Yep, looks like the Wigan situation is likely to provide Stoke with a safety cushion. Shame, in all respects!
    Does Ché Dunkley still play for Wigan?
    Yep, still on their books.

Not out of contract is he?? Big central defender who scores goals.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast